ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:14:12 am 
Started by Richard Penrose - Last post by JohnPinchin
I recently switched over the new sennheiser ew-d mics and so far (4 shows) have been super impressed,  but if you prefer shure then the slxd range looks great as well.    You're looking at somewhere around £550 depending which mic capsule you want.   
For around £200 or  little more you'll probably find lots of used shure slx and sennheiser G3 and maybe G4.   Personally I'd prefer the G3/4 but I regularly still see people using the slx systems.

I would avoid the 2.4GHz systems like the shure glxd,  with bigger crowds I found them to struggle but small sub100 people gigs you might be ok.

on: Today at 06:38:13 am 
Started by Richard Penrose - Last post by Richard Penrose
200 pounds?
I'd get a '58 and 150 feet of XLR.
Seriously.
Chris.

Ok so what should I be spending to get a reasonable wireless mic?

on: Today at 06:26:48 am 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Keith Broughton
  I'm currently using an electric 6 cup peculator (stainless steel components), but it's becoming a pain in the ass switching between the roasts (impacting extraction times).

I used a french press for a couple of years, but got tired of the cleaning regiment.  I'm needing to "simplify" my coffee making....
I'm not quite clear on the problem you are having with the perc. Could you expand?
One other small point is "good coffee" and "simplify" don't really go together. ;)
The French press (Bodum) is about as easy as it gets and does make great coffee. I use one every day.

on: Today at 06:07:42 am 
Started by Justice C. Bigler - Last post by Keith Broughton
It's not quite that simple.  One person quitting doesn't do jack to fix the real problems.
Of course, one person walking out won't change the business model of a company. I wasn't suggesting that it did.
However, staying at the job and bitching and complaining won't change anything either.
Sometimes, one has to decide to look for other opportunities.
In this case, they were able to get some results by working together, and good on them.

on: Today at 04:40:38 am 
Started by Richard Penrose - Last post by Chris Hindle
Hi,

I am looking to buy a handheld wireless mic for both speech and singing and am looking for some suggestions.
My budget is around £200 and Iím not sure what frequency band would be best. From my understanding 863-865mhz is the legal UK frequency but there is also 2.4ghz and 5ghz? What would be the best choice for avoiding interference etc?

200 pounds?
I'd get a '58 and 150 feet of XLR.
Seriously.
Chris.

on: Today at 04:29:40 am 
Started by Richard Penrose - Last post by Richard Penrose
Hi,

I am looking to buy a handheld wireless mic for both speech and singing and am looking for some suggestions.
My budget is around £200 and Iím not sure what frequency band would be best. From my understanding 863-865mhz is the legal UK frequency but there is also 2.4ghz and 5ghz? What would be the best choice for avoiding interference etc?

on: Today at 04:14:52 am 
Started by Justice C. Bigler - Last post by Justice C. Bigler
So I got another piece of information this evening, from an associate who knows one of the sound crew members that walked out.

The first individual who walked out, the one who was quoted by name in the LA Times article is an IA member, and was formerly on tour with a Broadway show. That person took this position because it was some amount of work when none existed elsewhere because of the shut down. That person also chose to leave and not come back to the Festival (even after the pay bump). Apparently, once that person left, the others decided to follow.

on: Today at 02:53:46 am 
Started by Bob Kidd - Last post by David Morison
Theyíre loaded up with the incorrect drivers too .. not 2268.  Something with a 1 but I donít recall ó what did the older SR4719 subs have?  And truthfully I bet those are fake Jbl drivers too.

2241? Respectable in it's day, but well superseded by not only the 2268 but just about everything newer (that's not a budget offering) these days.

on: Today at 02:36:18 am 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Steve-White
Non-chlorinated water of your choosing and a machine with a screen filter.  Paper filters pull oils out and destroy flavor.

on: Today at 02:03:03 am 
Started by Doug Fowler - Last post by Russell Ault
Personally experience, no hearsay please. 

Proceed..

Like everyone else has mentioned, I was working on a show and we discovered that one the Meyer subs (700-HP maybe?) sent out by the national rental provider (one you've heard of) as part of the audio package didn't like powering on when turned upside-down (which was required for the rigging design for that show). We rented the same sub from a local provider, swapped the power modules (which, if I remember correctly, was basically four screws and a board-mounted connector or two) and were up and running that day. (I'm pretty sure we did swap the modules back before returning the local sub after the national sent out a new module, so everyone got back what was originally theirs.)

-Russ

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 14 queries.