ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 02:56:01 PM 
Started by Nate Zifra - Last post by Craig Hauber
Funny (ha ha..) to show the response of a vocal mic at 2 foot distance.
I do frequent bluegrass.
They all want to stand around a single microphone and shout their vocals at it from a considerable distance -over whatever Mandolin, guitar or banjo their holding.
-probably the only place where I actually care a little bit what a mic does at 2' or more!

on: Yesterday at 02:33:27 PM 
Started by Dave Williamson - Last post by Jeff Lelko
Hi Dave,

If these are indeed analog (halogen) Par 56s then you'll need some dimmer packs in addition to a DMX controller.  Most dimmers aimed at the weekend warrior are 4 channels each, meaning that you'll need three dimmer packs to control 10 lights.  Others are 6 channel, meaning that you'd only need two.

The appropriate controller for you will depend on what you want to accomplish with your lighting.  Simple control such as on/off/dim is easy.  Building chases or synchronization to music will require something different.  Hope this helps!

on: Yesterday at 02:08:09 PM 
Started by George Reiswig - Last post by Jeremy Young
Just popping in a comment about panning.  I tend not to, but I’ve seen some comments encouraging it.  Obviously the venue and rig play into this decision.  However, I’ve seen shows where the guitarists were hard panned, and I did not get to hear one guitarist for the entire show.  It was pretty disappointing, my seats weren’t that bad but I paid for the guitar solos and while watching them at a distance is one thing, hearing them would have been nice.    I take this perspective into my gigs.  Two of note were Pearl Jam (20k arena) and Collective Soul (2k ballroom), both guitar-heavy sounds.  When I tried to correct my position for the latter, I ended up only listening to the front fill which only had lead vocal in it (and way too much 4K but I digress).  I miss the magic of live shows before I knew too much.  /panning-rant

on: Yesterday at 12:42:59 PM 
Started by George Reiswig - Last post by Chris Hindle

In fact, your PA could already be behind the direct sound.

That's OK. Just tell the guitarist do delay his playing 3 or 4 MS.....    ::)
Chris.

on: Yesterday at 11:55:32 AM 
Started by Dave Williamson - Last post by Lee Douglas
What are the model number of the fixtures you intend to control with your DMX controller?  Every fixture needs a certain amount of DMX channels to control it.  Some have options for different numbers of channels depending on how much control you need.

on: Yesterday at 11:14:08 AM 
Started by Dave Williamson - Last post by Dave Williamson
Greetings !
I am new and know almost nothing about stage lighting (other that it is cool)
I just bought some light. The seller said the were analog Par 56 lights. I bought to of them.
Just need to get them hooked up and have no idea.
All I really need is to have different color lights and be able to dim them.
I was told that I need a DMX Controller. I looked, and would like to buy a Chauvet brand.
I would like to get one unit to run all (10) lights.
What exactly do I need ???
Thanks for your answer in Advance.

on: Yesterday at 11:05:25 AM 
Started by Nate Zifra - Last post by Chris Grimshaw
At $300, most lounge users most likely won't buy one.

While I see your point, I kinda disagree.

I've found mics to be an excellent upgrade path in live sound. Better sound, less messing around at the desk, less feedback. I can make SM58s work as well as the next guy, but I've found my life gets easier (and soundchecks get quicker) as my mics pack improves.

Of course, it's possible to go OTT, like I did just last night: Sennheiser e965 for vocal, Schoeps MK41/MK8 mid-side for guitar/bazouki/bass bazouki/mandolin. DIs for monitors only. FOH mix was just those mics.
Despite various instruments being played, the Schoeps mics sounded clean and natural and "right", for lack of a better word. All I had to do during the FOH check was HPF@60Hz to get rid of footsteps, and push the fader. HPF on the vocal, touch of reverb, done.

Sounded brilliant, and my life was very easy. I'm not saying that everyone should have a high-end mic for every possible scenario, but I am saying that there are tangible improvements in moving up from the usual selection of dynamic mics.

Chris

on: Yesterday at 10:52:10 AM 
Started by Justin Waters - Last post by Jeff M Hague

Ive always had to gain vocal mics quite hight, but I'm almost out of room.

What do you consider "quite high"?

on: Yesterday at 10:27:47 AM 
Started by Nate Zifra - Last post by Bob Stone
At $300, most lounge users most likely won't buy one.

I might buy one for a money channel and to have as an option, I wouldn't replace all my 58's with them though.

on: Yesterday at 09:49:18 AM 
Started by Steve Ferreira - Last post by Steve Ferreira
Hi all,

I have a Le Maitre Radiance hazer that seems to just spew liquid all over the place. Last weekend I had an event, the machine had been opened up and cleaned prior to this event. I never run the machine full on the haze. After the event, the big metal opening is covered in liquid and some liquid on the floor in front of the machine. I open up the machine and it's always the 2 middle round parts that are black and full of gunk after 1 use. The unit might work for a total of 1.5-2 hours max per night. I seem to be spending more time cleaning this thing than anything else.

Anyone run into something similar?
Am I doing something wrong? I let the machine warm up before I need to use it and stop using haze a good 30 minutes before the events end.
Using Luminous 7 fluid.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.