ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:24:10 am 
Started by Heath Eldridge - Last post by Tommy Shannon
A few things nobody mentioned.  At 142 lbs one person can't stack a KF65.  It is best to use an eaw processor and they are getting harder to find and older. 

If I was starting over for my point source I would pick up 4 SM-80, 4 - SM46 - 4 TH-1118 and 4 TH-115.  Danley or Powersoft amps would allow you to create a myriad of presets.  There are a lot of different combinations in a package like that that will take you right up to the edge of line arrays or whatever your flown rig is.

Someone just listed 2 SRX-835P with covers for $1200 in the marketplace.  That's not going to last long.  I also still have a pair of STX-828S (a step up from the SRX but it is passive)  That would be a hell of a rig for about $4000 plus shipping, and an amp for the sub.  You could make money today while you figure out your long term play.  No pushing on the subs I have for sale either, the calculus works for SRX-828P too.

Does anyone have experience splaying a pair of SM80's - 2 per side? Do they play nicely or at least manageable?

on: Today at 11:13:25 am 
Started by Jim McKeveny - Last post by Alec Spence
Just discovered that an X32 Compact (v 4.04) scene used in 8-0-8 configuration  - which has Busses 5-8 routed out of Aux TRS - does not respond to Bus Master fader or mute.  I'm not finding the cause on any of the routing or setup menus. (And I'm not a FB user).

Any ideas? Thanks...
Any number of potential causes - much more helpful if you share your scene file, as someone can then take a look at it - could be instantly obvious.

on: Today at 11:00:04 am 
Started by Jim McKeveny - Last post by Jim McKeveny
Just discovered that an X32 Compact (v 4.04) scene used in 8-0-8 configuration  - which has Busses 5-8 routed out of Aux TRS - does not respond to Bus Master fader or mute.  I'm not finding the cause on any of the routing or setup menus. (And I'm not a FB user).

Any ideas? Thanks...

on: Today at 10:49:07 am 
Started by boburtz - Last post by boburtz
There's a company that bought all of Indy Case Company's tooling, the old ICC shop foreman works there, and they build the same exact cases - Streamline Cases
Thanks Brian, I've reached out to Paul and hopefully can get something similar to what we have.

on: Today at 10:08:08 am 
Started by Dave Guilford - Last post by Chris Doyle
ABC Canopy from Amazon is around $300 and included sidewalls and mesh walls. I've had ours for around 4-5 years; it gets used 8-10 times a year and is sill in great shape. The transport/storage bag wore out pretty quickly, but aside from that, the tent itself has been fantastic.

Ironically, the hardware on the ABC has held-up better than our KD stuff did (after massively downsizing operations in 2019, I sold our KD Canopies).
We used our new 10x20 ABC Canopy for the first time this past Saturday and I was impressed.  The frame is really sturdy and the top and sidewalls zip together well.  We were set up in a corner of a parking lot so we just used the back wall and one side wall to block the street.  It did take a little longer to set up being the first time, but that will shorten now that we have the hang of it.  And yeah the storage bag is already wearing out, so we'll be looking for some kind of replacement.  But the canopy itself looked so good that the venue owner wanted the information so he could order one himself.

on: Today at 09:07:25 am 
Started by Steve Hurt - Last post by Helge A Bentsen
Powersoft just announced two new models in the T-series, T902 & T-904.
Talked to our distributor, price/performance looks very good.

https://tinyurl.com/9y5pmk69

on: Today at 08:31:47 am 
Started by Dave Guilford - Last post by John Halliburton
Another vote for 8x8 Eurmax.  Besides being straight-legged and sturdy, at reasonable cost you can buy replacement tops in many different colors.   

-D

FWIW, looks like a price drop on the Eurmax at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BSLQSVO/

Best regards,

John

on: Today at 08:00:41 am 
Started by Brian Bolly - Last post by Brian Bolly
Ned Beatty, 83

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/ned-beatty-dead-dies-deliverance-network-actor-1234995509/

on: Today at 06:08:27 am 
Started by Jeff Lelko - Last post by Jeff Lelko
Thanks Chris and Tim.  I definitely should have mentioned ahead of time that this is a rather unconventional use for a microphone.  I agree that the omnidirectional pickup pattern would be best for my use here.  My only question is that both suggested mics have a 80Hz LF cutoff - wouldn't something with more LF extension be preferred here to capture the "guts" of the booms?

"Mom, when I grow up I want to be Jeff Lelko."

Just curious about the little 'campfire' burning in the center of the barge - is that part of the design, a practical or technical need, or ??

I'm flattered!  I'll admit that rockets by day and lights/sound/pyro by night is a fun gig.  So the "campfire" is actually just the burning cardboard remnants of a cake (aka "repeater" or "multi-shot device").  They're single-use pre-loaded boxes that can fire anywhere from a dozen to many hundreds of individual shells/comets/mines/etc. on a single fuse.  For larger shows like this I'll use cakes for display enhancement with higher caliber shells breaking over top of them, whereas for smaller displays such as what you might see after a baseball game they'll be a larger component of the show.  They don't need the same setbacks from the crowd as conventional shells do. 

Since this was just cardboard burning on a barge deck there's no need to send someone in to put that out until after the display.  Certain display sites such as rooftops are much more sensitive to fire and need to be set up so that any burning product can be extinguished rapidly, but on the tighter confines of a barge (with unprotected edges at night) it's better to just let them burn until we can safely get in there to extinguish afterwards.  Cakes catching fire after use is common, so a smart display site is set up so that they can burn without spreading or touching off anything else.  I'll definitely have to recycle the campfire reference in the future though!  Maybe I'll bring some marshmallows with me in a few weeks!

on: Today at 02:29:06 am 
Started by Heath Eldridge - Last post by Scott Holtzman
A few things nobody mentioned.  At 142 lbs one person can't stack a KF65.  It is best to use an eaw processor and they are getting harder to find and older. 

If I was starting over for my point source I would pick up 4 SM-80, 4 - SM46 - 4 TH-1118 and 4 TH-115.  Danley or Powersoft amps would allow you to create a myriad of presets.  There are a lot of different combinations in a package like that that will take you right up to the edge of line arrays or whatever your flown rig is.

Someone just listed 2 SRX-835P with covers for $1200 in the marketplace.  That's not going to last long.  I also still have a pair of STX-828S (a step up from the SRX but it is passive)  That would be a hell of a rig for about $4000 plus shipping, and an amp for the sub.  You could make money today while you figure out your long term play.  No pushing on the subs I have for sale either, the calculus works for SRX-828P too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 14 queries.