Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:06:38 AM 
Started by Rolando Saenz - Last post by Rolando Saenz
Finally remembered to take a picture.

-Russ

Edited to add: the screws I'm using in place of the Neutrik-provided ones are #4-3/4" self-tapping screws sold in my local big-box hardware store as "wood/metal screws".
Nice

on: Yesterday at 09:55:14 PM 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Scott Holtzman
The Brayer roller is the tool you need with the ink pallet (very similar to an ink stamp pad). Lets you get very crisp and clean results. It's been a while, but if memory serves we got a couple of rollers, ink pads, 16oz of black and white ink for a couple hundred bucks. That stencilled around two hundred cases with ink left over.
Post the apocalypse the prices are probably shocking now.

You can also put a bit of the paint on a pallet with a paint knife and spread that with the brayer.  See how it works in practice. 

on: Yesterday at 09:54:39 PM 
Started by Rick Earl - Last post by Rick Earl
We have a standard analog clear-com system in a campus theater.  There is a performing arts student with hearing aids that cannot use a standard headset to hear the intercom, and this is preventing them from being able to do certain jobs related to their major.   I do not know  their specific hearing interface yet, other than their phone connect directly to their hearing aids.  Does anyone know of any product or solution that I might start looking at?  JK Audio used to have a Bluetooth device, but I cannot find it any longer.  Buying a Freespeak or Eclipse system is not really and option.   I have a meeting with them next week, so hope to find out more before the school year ends so we might be able to find a solution before school starts back in the fall.   Hopefully we can find a solution that they can use with multiple systems to open up opportunities for future employment.

on: Yesterday at 09:13:19 PM 
Started by Tim Weaver - Last post by Mike Caldwell
The one at the bottom of the list looks large enough for a wireless mic.

https://www.windtech.tv/product-category/shock-mounts/

on: Yesterday at 07:55:00 PM 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by John Sulek

Yes, that's how I found out about the brayer and waterproof paint.  It's expensive. Brayer lets you get the thinnest possible coating.

The Brayer roller is the tool you need with the ink pallet (very similar to an ink stamp pad). Lets you get very crisp and clean results. It's been a while, but if memory serves we got a couple of rollers, ink pads, 16oz of black and white ink for a couple hundred bucks. That stencilled around two hundred cases with ink left over.
Post the apocalypse the prices are probably shocking now.

on: Yesterday at 07:19:05 PM 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Scott Holtzman
Scott, did you ask your supplier what they recommend for ink and application?
Chris.

Yes, that's how I found out about the brayer and waterproof paint.  It's expensive. Brayer lets you get the thinnest possible coating.   

on: Yesterday at 06:55:13 PM 
Started by Russell Ault - Last post by Russell Ault
Since it's the combiner inputs to be terminated, the 75 ohm will work fine. That's a 1.5:1 VSWR mismatch (damn good in our world actually), presuming the inputs are exactly 50 ohm, which I assure you they are not. They are almost certainly somewhere between 50-75 ohm.

I was wondering about that. I've already ordered the DC block, but I'll keep that in mind for the next time this comes up (and I ASSume that logic would be equally applicable to the outputs on a unity distro, no?).

Thanks!

-Russ

on: Yesterday at 06:28:56 PM 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Jeff Lelko
I too am subscribed to this one.  For a while I’ve gone back and forth between the stencil/ink/paint route versus getting some nice printed metal plates to rivet on the cases.  Though more expensive, I think the plate route looks better and can be easily gaffed over if a client wants cases left in view as “stage props”.  I’ll probably settle on one or the other when ordering my next set of truck-pack cases and go from there…

on: Yesterday at 06:15:58 PM 
Started by Scott Holtzman - Last post by Chris Hindle
I paid a company to do my stencils.   They used a pen plotter with a knife in it to cut the stencils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott, did you ask your supplier what they recommend for ink and application?
Chris.

on: Yesterday at 05:24:32 PM 
Started by Russell Ault - Last post by Henry Cohen
The irony is that 75Ω DC-blocking terminators are relatively cheap and plentiful...as long as you're willing to adapt to an F connector. :P

Since it's the combiner inputs to be terminated, the 75 ohm will work fine. That's a 1.5:1 VSWR mismatch (damn good in our world actually), presuming the inputs are exactly 50 ohm, which I assure you they are not. They are almost certainly somewhere between 50-75 ohm.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.