ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: Today at 12:30:51 AM 
Started by Rolando Saenz - Last post by Chris Hindle
I custom make mine,  Power goes in the back, on a 20A twistlock. XLR and Speakons on the front. I just use an off the shelf 1U 12 hole panel.
I'll see if I can upload a photo later.
Guaranteed not as pretty as your whirlwind sample....,  8)
Chris.
2 mix monitor rack. I had 4 of these. 2 would clip together for on-wheel use, but were splittable for a one man lift up stairs.

on: Yesterday at 11:56:02 PM 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Dave Garoutte
Well....

I pulled the trigger on a Danley DNA20k4.......I'm excited and anxious to use it with the speakers.
However, update on the Powersoft amp.
This morning I tested the troublesome amp here at the house and had the same problem on the one channel (the one that powers the SM80) that I had at the show.
So I connected up my laptop to both amps and started looking over the settings in Armonia. It had been quite some time since I'd done this so it took a while to familiarize myself with everything again.
I noticed that on the SM80 side, a few of the levels in limiting were way off from where I had originally set them and there were anomalies in a couple of other parts of the software too - I was able to compare them to the unaffected amp settings.
I changed them back to where they should be and then I went ahead and updated the outdated firmware on both amps. I tested the 'bad' amp and Lo and Behold, it is working as it should!! YAY!!!
So, now I have too many amps. I plan to keep one Powersoft as my back up and sell the other one. I am relieved that the amp is fine and doesn't need repair but I do not regret my decision to purchase the Danley. This will give me the option to upgrade to 4 subs in the future OR rent 2 more for bigger shows.

With the DNA 20K4 amp, you can easily run two TH118's per channel.

on: Yesterday at 11:53:26 PM 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Nathan Riddle
Great move! You will love the DNA amp.

Just set and forget.

No more worrying about tripping breakers or limiters being set correctly, etc etc.

on: Yesterday at 11:43:22 PM 
Started by Rolando Saenz - Last post by Rolando Saenz
This is what I do to; for power inlets/outlets I mount PowerCON turn-arounds (NAC3MM-1) to the panel by replacing the factory self-tapping screws with longer ones (and then using some kind of PowerCON breakout inside the rack).

-Russ
can you share a pic or 2

on: Yesterday at 11:17:58 PM 
Started by Sam Costa - Last post by Nathan Riddle
Just ordered my second case.

I know a guy who can get you real cases on a budget ;)

on: Yesterday at 11:06:05 PM 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Debbie Dunkley
Well....

I pulled the trigger on a Danley DNA20k4.......I'm excited and anxious to use it with the speakers.
However, update on the Powersoft amp.
This morning I tested the troublesome amp here at the house and had the same problem on the one channel (the one that powers the SM80) that I had at the show.
So I connected up my laptop to both amps and started looking over the settings in Armonia. It had been quite some time since I'd done this so it took a while to familiarize myself with everything again.
I noticed that on the SM80 side, a few of the levels in limiting were way off from where I had originally set them and there were anomalies in a couple of other parts of the software too - I was able to compare them to the unaffected amp settings.
I changed them back to where they should be and then I went ahead and updated the outdated firmware on both amps. I tested the 'bad' amp and Lo and Behold, it is working as it should!! YAY!!!
So, now I have too many amps. I plan to keep one Powersoft as my back up and sell the other one. I am relieved that the amp is fine and doesn't need repair but I do not regret my decision to purchase the Danley. This will give me the option to upgrade to 4 subs in the future OR rent 2 more for bigger shows.

on: Yesterday at 10:19:26 PM 
Started by Rolando Saenz - Last post by Dan Mortensen
Nearly, but not quite.  The 48 input channel limit is a limit of the AES50 protocol.  So, yes, you can cascade boxes on an AES port and access 48 inputs from them.  But, of course, you can also use the second AES50 port to have a total of 96 available inputs, plus whatever local I/O you have.

Naturally, while you have all these inputs available, the X/M32 is still limited to 32 full DSP channels, plus auxes.

The obvious use case for such a high input count would be multi-band line-upts with all bands' channels connected, and using scenes to repatch in between sets.  In practise, few would do it this way, and those that would are likely to be using higher end kit.

Yes, Alec, you're absolutely right in both parts of your response. While it's intellectually interesting to have that capability, I've never been interested in trying to use it. It always made more sense to cascade mixers if mixing it myself, but you'd almost never get a BE to OK that conglomeration, and you'd have to be doing the same thing every night to get in the groove of having completely different input configurations in different scenes. You'd never be able to test the inputs that weren't in the 32 in the current scene, which would drive me nuts, and that would be a short trip.

on: Yesterday at 10:14:00 PM 
Started by charles strickland - Last post by Dan Mortensen
Which often times people don't realize that you can use stagebox inputs for those aux channels too.  Especially when you are running an M32c which has no useful i/O.   When you have filled the mixer with 32ch of XLR mic inputs you still can use the aux inputs for cascading another mixer via aes50 as well as a couple stereo playback lines without using up any of those primary 32.

Thanks, Craig, I've kind of forgotten about this, although I think you've named almost the only uses for this ability, given that you have no Dynamics and other diminished control on those channels, although they're fine for those purposes.

Regarding the channel count, the X and M series consoles use one version of AES50 (SuperMax or something like that) which maxes out at 48kHz sampling rate and 48 channels each way (which is why you can have 32 split channels and 16 Mixbuses sent between 2 connected consoles, although only that still leaves 16 unused channels going one direction--not sure why they did that, although I confess I'm having trouble right now keeping this straight in my head -- long day), while the upper version is HyperMax or something like that, which has a higher channel count (not sure what that is, don't have any consoles that use it --they're the Pro series and I presume whatever's replaced that) and 96kHz sampling rate, maybe higher now.

That's enough for now to differentiate between the two versions.

Not sure where the Wing fits in, I believe others here can help on that.

I guess Jeff and I will have to throw down out back...

Ice cream cones at 20 paces!

on: Yesterday at 09:59:25 PM 
Started by Tim McCulloch - Last post by Tim McCulloch
I am working back stage, reading your follow up after finishing Triangle during the rehearsal today.

The appalling thing is how little the exploitation of labor, especially for workers at the most vulnerable points in life, has changed. And society still looks the other way because many of them are not exactly "like us."

on: Yesterday at 09:57:46 PM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Mike Pyle
CBI "Ear Splitter" is what I've sold the most of. They will do whatever level of customization you want.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.