ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 10:18:28 PM 
Started by Tim Weaver - Last post by Tim Weaver
As boburtz pointed out (and I don't know how he got away here without the username Bob Urtz), it's the GS108T that's the managed version.  The GS108 is unmanaged.

Well of course it is. Lol

on: Yesterday at 10:16:59 PM 
Started by Debbie Dunkley - Last post by Rick Powell
Maybe I should have got the Danley amp in the first place..
We got the Danley 20k4 amp, but still carry a spare pair of ITechs in the trailer just in case. Haven't had to use them yet, it has performed beautifully.

on: Yesterday at 09:11:05 PM 
Started by John Wick - Last post by Tim McCulloch
If you really want to know about line arrays, I think the White Paper by Dr. Christan Heil is still available from L Acoustics.  From it you find that line arrays are very complex and not just speakers in boxes hung vertically.  Very specific rules have to be followed.  For it to even start to work as a line array at frequencies into the mids and lower midrange, it must be 2 or 3 meters or more (more is better) in length.  Even long line arrays don't work as "line arrays" at all frequencies, and curving the array more than a few degrees destroys the line array effect.  There is nothing wrong with building your on speakers, but leave line arrays to the professional manufacturers.

There were a couple good white papers on JBLpro.com but they seem to be missing.  One that gets into the differences between point source and lines:
https://jblpro.com/en-US/site_elements/line-array-or-point-and-shoot-speakers

on: Yesterday at 08:56:37 PM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Lee Douglas
I can't end users to read past the first two or three bullet points on the laminated one-sheet I create.  I presuming that we're talking about in-wall touchscreen GUI's here.  What I do now is limit the choices they have to make and make sure that the turn on macro puts the system in the exact same state every time.  Usually with a known audio from a video source playing.  So I can then ask, "When you turn it on, do you hear The Golf Channel?" From there keep it as simple as possible in selecting different sources or scenes and zone levels.  Presets are your friend!  Hidden/invisible buttons that allow access to other controls keep the riff-raff from getting into things they shouldn't. It's not fool proof, but a few scary warning pages with an easy go back to home button, will usually keep anybody that accidentally runs across the hidden button from going too far.

on: Yesterday at 08:50:05 PM 
Started by Robert Lunceford - Last post by Aaron Maurer
QSC PLX3602
Just curious if you had any processing on the SM80 for this test?

on: Yesterday at 07:19:52 PM 
Started by Tom Der - Last post by Tom Der
Just a quick note that we have started Allen and Heath University up again. This was originally launched right before the pandemic and obviously didn't get very far.  We've got the first dLive training classes starting in Austin, Texas next week and Houston a few weeks after that.  The full schedule and registration can be found at https://americanmusicandsound.com/allen-heath-university/

I'll periodically post when new locations and dates are added.  There will also be some classes added later this year on our AHM Digital Matrix.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks!

Tom Der
Director of Market Development
Allen and Heath USA

on: Yesterday at 06:49:50 PM 
Started by John Wick - Last post by Don T. Williams
If you really want to know about line arrays, I think the White Paper by Dr. Christan Heil is still available from L Acoustics.  From it you find that line arrays are very complex and not just speakers in boxes hung vertically.  Very specific rules have to be followed.  For it to even start to work as a line array at frequencies into the mids and lower midrange, it must be 2 or 3 meters or more (more is better) in length.  Even long line arrays don't work as "line arrays" at all frequencies, and curving the array more than a few degrees destroys the line array effect.  There is nothing wrong with building your on speakers, but leave line arrays to the professional manufacturers.

on: Yesterday at 06:40:24 PM 
Started by Tim Weaver - Last post by Alec Spence
I happen to have a GS108 V3 sitting here. I didn't know it was a managed switch. Guess I'll start with that and see if my experiment works!
As boburtz pointed out (and I don't know how he got away here without the username Bob Urtz), it's the GS108T that's the managed version.  The GS108 is unmanaged.

on: Yesterday at 06:39:37 PM 
Started by John Wick - Last post by John Wick
Setting the crossover point high to not damage the tops, but not having ANYTHING producing those frequencies is a big problem.

And yes, lots of companies are now selling the idea that their line array boxes can be used in pairs per side.  Of course, ONE trap box that they sell could do a better job, but if they have the opportunity to sell two boxes per side, well, there's that.  And customers right now get all excited calling a 2 box array a 'line array' system but it's really not.  The JBL VRX is a constant curvature array and can't even be configured into a line array regardless of what their marketing tells you.

Another outdoor video as an idea https://we.tl/t-xkZx1W6tiM.

on: Yesterday at 06:33:15 PM 
Started by Damien Johnson - Last post by Brian Jojade
3 boxes isn’t a line array except with the constant curvature stuff.

We have the JBL VRX in stock and it’s the devil everyone knows.  Doesn’t sound all that great but get loud as F*#% and quickly deploys on top of the subs. 

Yep, there's no 'line' aspect to constant curvature arrays.  But it looks like more than one box, so that must mean it's better...

Nah, the VRX sounds 'ok' and does get silly loud.  No real line array properties available other than minor shading.  Adding boxes only increases the vertical coverage pattern, which quickly becomes silly.

But, it's easy enough to deploy that it rents out.  There are worse options on the market and if you know what you're doing, you can get decent performance out of them.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.