ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: April 16, 2024, 11:01:42 PM 
Started by Al Craig - Last post by Al Craig
Thank you all for the responses! Much appreciated!

My lav is the CVL one that came with the BLX single channel kit. Was advertised as specifically for speech applications and is cardioid to reduce feedback.

I called Shure up to get their thoughts but they weren't too helpful. Just said that things should "work" with this kind of setup and keep testing and tweaking. "We sell thousands of these systems so the system isn't the problem." I spoke with Mackie too and they seem puzzled without providing solid suggestions.

It seems like I might need to look into a better mixer or something like a Shure SCM810 as @Riley Casey suggested (or SCM410). For now, I plan to use just handheld mics and have ordered another one in the frequency range to replace the lav pack in that system.

In a few week's time, we are doing an event off-site at a hotel and working with a production company who will manage the event with a tech for us. Around 80 people in a ballroom. I'm curious to see what gear they will use as we've asked for lavs and handhelds. In the quote I believe they had a line item for the Soundcraft Si Expression 1 mixer to be used which is digital and apparently light years away from my current Mackie.

on: April 16, 2024, 04:20:31 PM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Peter Kowalczyk
Meyer was kind enough to sell me a replacement part.

I believe the pole cup is a Penn Elcom M1557/M20
https://www.penn-elcom.com/us/universal-speaker-mounting-top-hat-m1557-m20

... I've since purchased a few of these direct from Penn Elcom.  It accepts a 'standard' unthreaded pole or a hybrid threaded pole.  Meyer sells a hybrid pole for use with them.

It appears to be made of cast aluminum or some similar alloy.   White Metal?  Sure, IDK... 

I don't mean for this to be a critique of the product or design.  Things fail; it happens... I just happened to find a weak point in this particular item. 

Love the idea of using a narrower truss piece for this purpose.  However, I think the appeal of this design is that it works with a 'standard' F34 truss; that makes it versatile.

on: April 16, 2024, 03:34:02 PM 
Started by Debbie Teague - Last post by Dave Garoutte
Can you help identify the problem with the distortion in the vocal mic in this clip? It's a Shure GLXD system. Wondering if the problem is proximity to the Allen & Heath ME-1 mixing console the choir director is using? https://youtu.be/QBoEL3tZdbk
Per the posing rules, you need to use your actual name before anyone will reply.

on: April 16, 2024, 03:29:45 PM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Dave Garoutte
That appears to be an axial type failure and not the result of excessive side loading.  Probably dropped onto a fixed speaker pole that bottomed our or "shanked" and the lower supporting structure won the contest.
It could have been direct overload or fatigue from repeated side loading.  The actual failure cross-section is shockingly thin, and one of the reasons I don't like pole cups.  I use them grudgingly.  My flanged poles put the vertical load onto the speaker body instead of the pole cup bottom, and reduces the bending from side loads.

on: April 16, 2024, 01:42:29 PM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Dave Garoutte
Yeah, the lever arm on M20 and pole cups is scary, when you consider the weight on top.
I ended up making some flanges pressed into my 1 1/2 EMT poles to widen the footprint a bit.
I would think 8" truss would be way strong enough, and not be so bulky looking.

on: April 16, 2024, 12:55:16 PM 
Started by Al Craig - Last post by Stephen Swaffer
One potential trap when using a cardioid lavalier is the speaker that likes his/her mic sideways.  Not so much a problem if you can help them put it on.

on: April 16, 2024, 12:47:25 PM 
Started by Bob Faulkner - Last post by Bob Faulkner
I'm closing my ticket on this, and moving on.

Long story short, my LG refrigerator has a "water pipe heater" in it to keep the water line (the line inside the freezer) just above freezing, which allows for the water to flow into the ice-tray for freezing.  The heater is broken or was programmed to stop working after "X" amount of hours of run-time.

I will be getting a small portable ice maker (counter top size) to replace the ice-maker in the fridge.

During my research, I learned that many manufacturers do not make refrigerator heating elements an FRU item.  Instead, they have you replace the entire refrigerator door (if the ice-maker is in the door), because they have made the heating elements as part of the door.  All you would need to do, as a consumer, is move the hardware/trim from the old door to the new door.  If the heating element is internal to the fridge, buy another fridge.

on: April 16, 2024, 12:00:28 PM 
Started by Peter Kowalczyk - Last post by Scott Helmke
In the picture of the broken pole cup, is that some kind of dual mode cup?  The M20 mounts on my subs are flush with the speaker cabinet such that the bottom of the air-assisted poles that I use make contact with the metal plate of the M20 mount when screwed down tightly.  IOW - there's no "cup" at the bottom, just a solid metal plate.  I've never felt like my speakers were wobbly on my poles.  I agree that the speakers do look cool mounted on the truss!

The Meyer X40 has a regular pole up with an extra hole in the bottom threaded for M20.  The U-bracket comes with a little hole-filler that threads into the bottom of the cup and provides a flush threaded hole for the U-bracket bolt on that side of the speaker.

on: April 16, 2024, 11:52:54 AM 
Started by Alec Spence - Last post by Matthew Knischewsky
I've been doing some testing of passive DIs recently too, but I was just using the normal output on the rear of my Scarlett solo to drive the input of the DI.  However, I like your idea of using the headphone output to mimic an instrument load.  One question; what type of cable did you use to go from the headphone jack to the DI's input?  A standard "guitar" cable (TS) or a balanced TRS cable?

I have a few cables on hand to test various configurations. Have to keep in mind that the 1/4 TRS jacks on the Scarlett are outputting signals that are not directly compatible with each other without an adapter of some type. The line output being balanced and the headphone output being stereo. Using a guitar cable in the TS headphone output jack would short out the right output, that's not good.

To test the Pro AV1 I used a 1/4 TRS to 3.5mm TRS adapter cable, headphone out to the 3.5 TRS input. I also some other breakout cables to verify the RCA inputs and a 1/4" TRS cable to test those inputs as well.

To test the LTI Blox I used a standard 1/4 TRS to 3.5mm headphone adapter.

The preliminary results of these tests seem to indicate that the audio problem many of us experience is actually with the low quality headphone amps in the playback devices themselves, not necessarily with the DI box (expect for the Rolls DB14 as I noted). I would expect the Scarlett to have a fairly decent headphone amplifier and it does seem to perform well enough.

Matt

on: April 16, 2024, 10:55:08 AM 
Started by Doug Alexander - Last post by Doug Alexander
The console has only been used twice and is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a reliable and efficient control console. With its high-quality design and user-friendly interface, this console is easy to use and can help you create breathtaking lighting effects for your next show or event, it Features a range of advanced features and customizable options, this console is ideal for all types of users, whether you're a beginner or a seasoned professional.

Asking for $3000

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.