ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:53:39 AM 
Started by David Junius - Last post by Mike Caldwell
.  I've been mixing for almost 50 years so I've kind of tried almost everything at some point, and there is a lot of stuff that sounds good in studio mixing but simply doesn't make enough difference in most live situations to be worth the extra effort, gear, or time.

....and sometimes that studio stuff actually sounds worse when applied to a live mix in the room of the day.

on: Today at 11:50:33 AM 
Started by Kevin Maxwell - Last post by Tim McCulloch
Exactly what I was thinking.  Keep in simple, if the house sounds good and it's a booth issue, then make it a booth solution.
If this is a cancellation node, then it's a crap shoot.

on: Today at 11:42:52 AM 
Started by Dan Richardson - Last post by Mike Caldwell
The motor, belt and pulleys look straight out of a VHS VCR and some CD players.
The right sized O rings could work.

on: Today at 11:41:06 AM 
Started by Nick Tims - Last post by Scott Holtzman
If you are just using the subs on stage as a stand it will probably sound better if the stage subs are turned off.
My thoughts exactly a last time I  checked speaker stands are cheaper than subs.

If appearance is an issue a couple of sticks of truss, baseplates and top plates plus a couple of truss warmers (triangular LED lights that fit inside the truss) give a very sophisticated look.

To the OP are you delaying this subs individually? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Today at 09:36:12 AM 
Started by Les Funk - Last post by John Schalk
Sanctuary Design
Main seating area is 45ft wide by 39ft deep and level. Balcony is 21ft deep and rises to the back. Sanctuary peak is 20 ft. Front and back walls feature multiple angles making this room one of the best for preserving acoustical energy without slap. When empty, a person in balcony can have a regular conversation with someone on the stage.

What is the height of the ceiling at the wall(s)?
On the main floor, what is the width and depth of the actual seating area?  Unless that is 45' x 39', in which case what are the dimensions of the main room?
In the balcony, how wide is the seating area?  It doesn't look like the seating extends all the way to the side walls.
It looks like there is a small overhang of the balcony.  What is the distance from the first row of balcony seating to the front of the stage?
How wide is the stage?  Or, how wide are the side walls where the current speakers are hung?
What speakers are you currently using? 

on: Today at 08:34:47 AM 
Started by Nick Tims - Last post by Kevin Maxwell
Because the tops will sit on the rod directly in them that's why I want to do this.

If you are just using the subs on stage as a stand it will probably sound better if the stage subs are turned off.

on: Today at 07:13:39 AM 
Started by Nick Tims - Last post by Nick Tims
What is the purpose of placing them in this configuration? Have you modeled the coverage yet? I don’t see the purpose of the subs up on the stage having the line in front of the stage if properly delayed in an end fire configuration, can be steered to achieve certain coverage goals.

Because the tops will sit on the rod directly in them that's why I want to do this.

on: Today at 07:09:01 AM 
Started by Nick Tims - Last post by Scott Holtzman
Hello, I would like to make a configuration on the stage, namely: 4 speakers with 2 subwoofers will be on the stage and 4 subwoofers in the middle of the stage, I will have to add delay, but what do you think it will sound ok? Is it okay to place it like this?
What is the purpose of placing them in this configuration? Have you modeled the coverage yet? I don’t see the purpose of the subs up on the stage having the line in front of the stage if properly delayed in an end fire configuration, can be steered to achieve certain coverage goals.

on: Today at 07:03:40 AM 
Started by Nick Tims - Last post by Nick Tims
Hello, I would like to make a configuration on the stage, namely: 4 speakers with 2 subwoofers will be on the stage and 4 subwoofers in the middle of the stage, I will have to add delay, but what do you think it will sound ok? Is it okay to place it like this?

on: Today at 06:26:03 AM 
Started by David Junius - Last post by David Junius
Ok, I guess most of this makes sense. The shows I mix aren’t one offs but kinda are. It’s the same couple of bands in different venues for different crowds. The bands do work with different systems and engineers when they perform in venues with provided equipment, which seems to be more prevalent lately. The touring shows have months of rehearsals and perform exactly the same show each night(within reason), so getting that perfect reverb on the vocal makes more sense. It just doesn’t make sense then to try to incorporate super advanced mix techniques that take hours to get right for a 3 hour performance that changes per show.  None of my bands I regularly mix have their own records, but one is trying to put together more of a regular show that has repeatable portions.

While I have never run out of inputs on my expression with 32 on the console and 32 on the stage box, I have hit the limits of its processing in the EQ section and number of busses and lack of DCA’s. With realizing that unfortunately Soundcraft has now become a dead brand, I will start looking around at upgrading my console in the next few years. I was happy with my analog Soundcraft board when I made the jump to digital, which is a main reason why I stayed with Soundcraft, but with newer stuff out from different brands now, the logical move will be something else.

Thanks for all the replies,
David

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 16 queries.