ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 03:16:55 AM 
Started by Tim Weaver - Last post by Maxdaxtax
In addition to Facebook groups, there are now many sites where you can place ads for the sale of clothing or tools. I've heard that many people arrange a sale directly through Instagram, because there are convenient ways to promote.

on: Yesterday at 10:25:13 PM 
Started by Kevin Maxwell - Last post by Tim Halligan

I am thinking of getting some of these cards -  SanDisk 32GB Ultra SDHC UHS-I Memory Card - 120MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD.

I have a pair of Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB SDHC UHS-I Memory Cards - that are 95MB/s, C10, U1...and a similar use-case to yours, and they work perfectly...and have done so for the last couple of years.

My rig is a full X32, with the Klark Teknik version of the X-Live card.

Assuming that you get the genuine Sandisk cards - I didn't even realise there was a counterfeiting problem - then the cards you are looking at should be more than adequate.

Cheers,
Tim

on: Yesterday at 07:45:41 PM 
Started by Steve Cook - Last post by David Sturzenbecher
This, plus I've always ASSumed that stageboxes have higher margins than consoles (with all those fiddly moving parts) and that being able to mix-and-match would start a race to the bottom that would hurt earnings even more than revenue. Frankly I'm a bit surprised that Yamaha decided to support controlling Focusrite preamps from their consoles (although I suppose that given how much Rednet interfaces cost they aren't going to be undercutting the Rio line-up any time soon).

That all said, now that DiGiCo and A&H have created their own Dante stagebox ecosystems I do wonder how long it will be before someone figures out a way to unofficially translate between the various control protocols.

-Russ

There is nothing secret about Yamaha's preamp protocol.  I made a Q-sys plugin years ago to control a rio from that DSP and it was very easy...even without documentation.  An hour with Wireshark and I had all I needed.

on: Yesterday at 07:34:12 PM 
Started by Steve Cook - Last post by Russell Ault
And that's why a standard protocol hasn't been adapted. What company wants to spend time and energy making it EASIER for you to switch to their competitors product?

This, plus I've always ASSumed that stageboxes have higher margins than consoles (with all those fiddly moving parts) and that being able to mix-and-match would start a race to the bottom that would hurt earnings even more than revenue. Frankly I'm a bit surprised that Yamaha decided to support controlling Focusrite preamps from their consoles (although I suppose that given how much Rednet interfaces cost they aren't going to be undercutting the Rio line-up any time soon).

That all said, now that DiGiCo and A&H have created their own Dante stagebox ecosystems I do wonder how long it will be before someone figures out a way to unofficially translate between the various control protocols.

-Russ

on: Yesterday at 06:03:46 PM 
Started by Steve Cook - Last post by Daniel Levi
PS: I don't see many headlamps on consoles.

The only bit of audio gear I've seen with headlights was Jarre's custom Elka x705 organ used for the China concerts.

on: Yesterday at 05:45:34 PM 
Started by Kevin Maxwell - Last post by Bob Stone
Thank you for that reply. These will get very little use. One or 2 cards per show (Musical that they only shoot 2 performances of) then copied into a DAW for mixing and not used again till the next show.

I was tempted to buy them on Amazon but there were some bad reviews that said they may be knockoffs.

Make sure they are shipped and sold by amazon, not just fulfilled or any third party.

on: Yesterday at 05:01:38 PM 
Started by Helge A Bentsen - Last post by Russell Ault
I do this sort of thing all the time combining control and Dante networks over the same "broadcast domain". Like all things networking, there is a time and a place, but yes this can work just fine and is sometimes preferable to a more complicated configuration...

My impression is that most of the arguments again subnets sharing an Ethernet broadcast domain fall under the heading of "IT departments' fanatical obsession with preventing malicious activity" (subtitled "network security considerations that most production networks blithely ignore"). Properly-configured VLANs are very nearly air-gapped, while dividing traffic merely a the Layer 3 level opens the door to "ooh, now let's see what this IP address will let me talk to!", but that's (usually) much less of a consideration for our purposes.

-Russ

on: Yesterday at 04:53:43 PM 
Started by Doug Fowler - Last post by Riley Casey
Perhaps why the first pic in the listing was of the cases.  ::)

Dual Engine, pro cabling and packaging - around 1/2 mil.

on: Yesterday at 03:25:27 PM 
Started by Steve Cook - Last post by John Roberts {JR}
It's just bidness....

JR

PS: I don't see many headlamps on consoles.

on: Yesterday at 03:19:52 PM 
Started by Steve Cook - Last post by brian maddox
 You could have multiple branded IO on a single recording session, you could mix and match manufacture's preamp colour easily and so much more. Upgrade path is also easier as you could move to another brand while using old system.

And that's why a standard protocol hasn't been adapted. What company wants to spend time and energy making it EASIER for you to switch to their competitors product?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 15 queries.