ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:56:38 PM 
Started by scottstephens - Last post by Mike Caldwell
I've installed a couple of the Listen Technologies WIFI systems, the user needs to download the Listen Tech app, the phone needs to be connected to the WIFI network the Listen Tech system is on, open the app and the audio is streaming to your phone or tablet. At that point
you can Bluetooth connect the device to ear buds or hearing aids that are Bluetooth enabled.

If you are looking at an RF system look at the 216mhz Listen Tech system, sounds way better than the 54mhz system, better range and smaller antenna to deal with. 

on: Today at 06:42:39 PM 
Started by charles strickland - Last post by Douglas R. Allen
We have had occasional issues with short bursts of pops and bangs in our system using 250' of shielded and bonded Cat6 cable (LyxPro) so I've been following this thread as well as watching Dave's videos on the topic.  The eye opener for me in the video that Dan linked was when Dave induced a sync failure between the console and stagebox using a single 50m spool of the "official" Klark Teknik Cat5e cable.  What is a person to believe?

For now, we're taking care to run our "snake" up and over doorways that will be high traffic areas.  FWIW I have two 100' pieces of LyxPro CAT6 loomed together for my FOH snake and I have not had any issues with that setup.  But, I mostly do outdoor shows.  My best guess is that we're getting some static discharge through the system when we're deployed in ballrooms where the cable path is on carpet.

"I'll have to watch that video again." I thought it was "2" Klark Teknik Cat5e cables connected together with a coupler that failed but that is 25 meters longer than Behringer recommends. I been using 1 Klark Teknik 50-meter cable for 7 years with zero issues. Could it have been 2 coupled you were thinking of? Also, in his video when he used his 100-meter cable the first snap with his spark device caused a signal drop on the first try. ""EDIT:"" After watching the video, it took a few tries for the ESD to show up. I also noticed he snapped the MIDI port and seemed to get issues with many cables using that port to check for ESD. I wonder if that is relevant for any of them?  I worry more about ESD than any other issue. Below 75 meters and the correct cable things are fine.

Douglas R. Allen

EDIT: In watching the video again scanning to where he did the KT cable (it has been a while) he had no issue with 50 and even 100 meters of the KT. Only when he went over 100 he had issues.   KT100meter

on: Today at 06:28:28 PM 
Started by Willy Traver - Last post by Tim McCulloch
I am trying to discover who I talked with back in the 1970's.  The guy had a slight paunch. He wore gray like a professional engineer. He built preamps into the snake.  Had a crapload of Phase Linear 700's which had window box fans blowing on them and heat sink panels constantly wiped down with wet towels.

Cannot remember which group. The sound system was much more interesting.

Which coast?

I kind of remember someone in Cali doing something like this back in the Tycobrahe era, although in 1974 Tyco had their own modular power amp design.  I don't find a mention of the pre-amp snake in a quick look through my Tyco links that are still working, but I'm pretty sure it was in that group of live audio folks during the era.

on: Today at 06:21:06 PM 
Started by Nate Zifra - Last post by Tim McCulloch
I know somebody who's been beta testing them for a bit now.  Rough paraphrase, they sound great on female voices, OK on male voices. Lots of top end.  Great feedback rejection when used with dual monitor setups.

I saw a stage full of them a couple months back and when I asked, was told "beta testing, that's all I can say."  "Who makes them?"  "I can't say."

on: Today at 06:18:55 PM 
Started by Tim McCulloch - Last post by Tim McCulloch
Duane Eddy, pioneering rock and roll guitarist, at 86.
https://www.npr.org/2024/05/01/1248565614/duane-eddy-rock-guitarist-obituary

on: Today at 05:40:11 PM 
Started by Willy Traver - Last post by Brian Jojade
Preamps built INTO the snake just seems like a nighmare of potential problems.

I can see why having the preamps on stage to have a higher signal level traveling down the snake, but if that were the case, a rack of external pre-amps would seem like a much better solution.

on: Today at 05:34:59 PM 
Started by Nate Zifra - Last post by Art Welter
KSM8 vs Nexadyne 8/S frequency response (KSM8 in red, Nexa8 in black, or, Nexa8 is the one with the higher high-end response)
Funny (ha ha..) to show the response of a vocal mic at 2 foot distance.

Hard to find what the proximity effect is in Shure documentation, more annoying since that is the primary difference separating the KSM8 and Nexa8 from the rest of their vocal line.

on: Today at 04:13:32 PM 
Started by Nate Zifra - Last post by Jonathan Kok
KSM8 vs Nexadyne 8/S frequency response (KSM8 in red, Nexa8 in black, or, Nexa8 is the one with the higher high-end response)

on: Today at 04:12:03 PM 
Started by Willy Traver - Last post by Andrew Broughton
You mean an Active Split? They've been around for decades...

on: Today at 04:08:19 PM 
Started by Nate Zifra - Last post by Scott Helmke
I know somebody who's been beta testing them for a bit now.  Rough paraphrase, they sound great on female voices, OK on male voices. Lots of top end.  Great feedback rejection when used with dual monitor setups. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.