ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on DI boxes  (Read 6854 times)

Brad Ferguson

Re: Opinions on DI boxes
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 02:43:59 PM »

Radial's pro line is great for keys, and bass guitars.

JDI's or J48s are both great for acoustic instruments, and since they're the same price go with the J48
--
Brad Ferguson
Toronto, Ontario

Dave Rickard

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 05:34:45 PM »

I've been happy with the Pro48 in many roles.
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Minka Matikainen

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 03:57:02 AM »

Thank you guys for the opinions!

According to the answers I'm going with Radial. I'm going to get some Pro48's and some Pro-DI's.

Although there might be some cheaper models / brands also, I think, according to your feedback and my own researches, Radial will give me the best ROI.

-Minka-
Digital vs. Analog, why bother...
When you're doing live sound, you want a living sound, so my preference is analog... ...Although my mind is changing slowly...

Kevin Ballard

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 09:11:58 AM »

Not to devalue the Radial stuff, and an active passive selection of thier stuff is a great package for sure. If you're meeting riders, it never hurts to have one BSS, countryman or some such as an alternative or where the foibles play a part  Rolling Eyes.  Also keep the cheap DI 100's for the festival when a student band turn up with 3 keys player who all need stereo on each of two keyboards (and then dont use one set anyway) as well as bass, acoustic, fiddle and mandolin.

Kevin Ballard

Yes the Toilets are over there!

Minka Matikainen

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »

Kevin,

Good point about meeting riders. Maybe I buy 1 or 2 BSS and 1 Countryman (although I have to wait for a while to get the Countryman bought).

What comes to DI 100's, they are perfect little boxes for the situations you described. And that is the way I'm gonna keep them also.

They are also a good ones to put with the gear if someone wants to rent something. Very Happy

-Minka-
When you're doing live sound, you want a living sound, so my preference is analog... ...Although my mind is changing slowly...

Tim Padrick

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 08:20:46 PM »

On my Pro48s, I pulled the pad buttons off and pushed the switches with a pen, so they cannot get switched off accidentally.  They are indeed HOT.

Bill Wood

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »

I agree on the Radial Pro-DI and Pro-48 you can't beat them for the price. Tim had a great Idea for the switches, Give them a button and they WILL push it.

The best price I have found on them is CTS-Road dog online, Call them for better prices
Bill Wood
Southern Ohio Sound
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
Billwood@southernohiosound.com

Minka Matikainen

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 06:29:27 AM »

I think I'm going for the Radial's  Very Happy .

I will check CTS-Road dog, but I have a little cold feeling in my butt that they are not willing to sell overseas, although anything I could buy from USA is cheap for me at the moment because of the currency.

Thanks for the feedback, and good tips (especially you Tim, I've never even thought about pulling the buttons off, sounds like a great idea Cool )

Br,
-Minka-
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.