ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Club system  (Read 12049 times)

John Chiara

Re: Club system
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2008, 08:53:22 PM »

Phil LaDue wrote on Sun, 30 December 2007 17:35

I'm a bit curious as to how you have the limiters set up.
I wouldn't put it past some people to disable a limiter "to make the show better".

Happened to me a few weeks ago..caught it in time.
"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell

John Roll

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »

Thanks to everyone who responded to this. I spoke to EV the other day and they confirmed what has been said here and what I suspected all along. I've ordered components to rebuild the x-overs to factory specs. The EV guy felt that the components have taken a beating in the horn circuit, and it would be a good idea to replace them. I think this problem will be taking care of itself soon. I found out that the repeat offender DJ has caused a little too much controversy at this club and might be on the way out. I've told the owner of the results of my research and informed him of the amount he spent on driver replacement in '07. He seemed to understand that there is no magic solution for this and respect for the gear is what will prevent future problems. Only time will tell. If he continues along this path, I'll have to tack on repair charges along with the cost of the hardware. Thanks again for all your input.

John

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2008, 09:27:37 PM »

What sort of DJ gear are you using?

A good portion of the "pro" gear on the market outputs stuff pretty much resembling square waves when they get turned up.

Are you using any pre-processing other than your DRPA?
is the DRPA in the booth where the dj can get to the input attenuators? is the DJ mixer on a DI or a console?

Crossovers and limiter settings are VERY important.. but if you've been running this rig for 3 years without problems it leads me to think even tho your rack setup isnt optimal - it might not be the problem. I do agree with Ivan.. post some high res pics of the coils - or have your local repair shop tell you WHY your components failed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.