ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: bh760 or ...  (Read 13822 times)

Ivan Beaver

Re: bh760 or ...
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 10:34:10 AM »

Yeah I agree, just hearing (and judging) ANY loudspeaker that YOU are not in control of (or know the particular setup) means NOTHING!

Just like seeing a band that is using a so and so guitar and it sounds like crap.  So now that guitar is no good?  What about the player, the amp, the tuning etc.  

The same thing applies to loudspeakers.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Craig Hauber

• http://www.csaproductionsinc.com
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 09:43:51 PM »

Tim Padrick wrote on Sat, 29 December 2007 02:55

I spent a couple of days listening to a rig with a quad of BH760 on each side in a big cow barn, and a friend mixed on the same sized rig outdoors.  We both agreed that they are the worst subs we have heard in ages.

I have to agree, -not the overall worst sub I've ever heard but when you consider the price tag...  Much better luck with SB-1000 and they are easier to move around.  I was so dissapointed that I've been hesitant at recommending hornsubs since.  (I have just heard a small Tuba and the Danley dual-8 install sub and am starting to come around again)

index.php/fa/13316/0/
Craig Hauber
CSA Productions Inc.
Ventura-Santa Barbara CA
www.csaproductionsinc.com

razlan zaidi

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 05:24:06 AM »

i think this issue was a very subjective issue to discuss, personally i have not listen to bh760 yet, only doing a lot of research (because i like eaw's loudspeaker), and i found that the negative comments are more than the positive comments, for me i'm not going to judge the box from what other people say, not all the comments were professional comments, i'm not going to say this sub is bad, i'm trying to understand if this sub was that bad, why eaw want to waste their time to sell this sub woofer and match the sub with kf760? why they not just configure the sb1000 with kf760

before make any decisions on which sub i'm going to use with kf760, i want to know more about this super sub from their user personally and from the manufacturer
for me, only the professional user (engineer) can give the true points and comments, i can't say the sub is great by listening them in a show room or in a place that is not suitable for the sub, i mean the comments is more meaningful to me if it was comments by    
the professional foh engineer who handle this sub in a real live concert with kf760 rig
i know, there is a reason on why eaw produced this sub.

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 08:44:01 AM »

razlan zaidi wrote on Tue, 01 January 2008 04:24

i think this issue was a very subjective issue to discuss, personally i have not listen to bh760 yet, only doing a lot of research (because i like eaw's loudspeaker), and i found that the negative comments are more than the positive comments, for me i'm not going to judge the box from what other people say, not all the comments were professional comments, i'm not going to say this sub is bad, i'm trying to understand if this sub was that bad, why eaw want to waste their time to sell this sub woofer and match the sub with kf760? why they not just configure the sb1000 with kf760

before make any decisions on which sub i'm going to use with kf760, i want to know more about this super sub from their user personally and from the manufacturer
for me, only the professional user (engineer) can give the true points and comments, i can't say the sub is great by listening them in a show room or in a place that is not suitable for the sub, i mean the comments is more meaningful to me if it was comments by    
the professional foh engineer who handle this sub in a real live concert with kf760 rig
i know, there is a reason on why eaw produced this sub.

WOW, Razlan. Good conclusion. Especially since I told you essentially this a couple of weeks ago... Laughing

Good luck, Happy NY!

Geri O
"Stagelite Sound...A Pin 2 hot-compliant company"

Iain_Macdonald

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 11:57:53 AM »

Hi,

Just one little point to add. Will you be doing events where you might ever need to fly the subs? If you are, the SB1000 can fly, unlike the BH.

Iain.

Troy Gwin

• http://www.acsweb.com
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 10:31:02 PM »

Iain Macdonald wrote on Tue, 01 January 2008 11:57

Hi,

Just one little point to add. Will you be doing events where you might ever need to fly the subs? If you are, the SB1000 can fly, unlike the BH.

Iain.

Actually, the SB1000 can only fly a couple deep.  The new SB1002 can fly several deep.  It has just started shipping recently.  It also has a driver upgrade from the original SB1000.

Here are some pics of the new SB1002 flown:

http://www.eaw.com/frontrow/Focused%20Rig.jpg

http://www.eaw.com/frontrow/Up%20Arrays.jpg

http://www.eaw.com/frontrow/Back%20View%20Speakers.jpg
ACS Sound and Lighting
Sound - Lighting - Video - Staging
www.acsweb.com

Iain_Macdonald

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 05:23:40 AM »

Troy,

Thanks for the info and pics. At the EAW RoadShow, over in the UK, they flew the early protypes of this box(I think). Do you have any comments on the difference between 1000/1002? The ones I heard sounded quite nice, flown.

Iain.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.