ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: bh760 or ...  (Read 13824 times)

razlan zaidi

bh760 or ...
« on: December 22, 2007, 02:00:27 PM »

If you were me, which sub woofer you will purchase to use with eaw kf760? i was planning to purchase 20 x kf760+ 4x kf761, and planning to go with eaw bh760 x 16 cabs.(because of its name BH760 so i think eaw must have matched this subwoofer for the 760 line array-right?)
but i can see that many rental company was using sb1000z with 760 rig (base on the artical posted in eaw forum and etc)..may i know why they have not choosing the bh760? because of its tone? or sb1000 was more powerfull than bh760?

personally i like the smooth and high impact sound, i can get it from sb750..were the bh760 sound better?

for live hard rock concert, let say to cover the audience range about 30,000 pax at open space, is it enough with the system? (as specially the bh760)?

Honestly, i've heard the sb1000z and sb750..and i honestly love the sb750 tone, maybe the sound from sb1000z that i've heard was not carefully tune (bad sound engineer), but i didn't hear the bh760 yet...so hope you can understand what i mean..(sorry for my bad english)
anyone can guide me?

thanks in advance..

Gareth James

Re: bh760 or ...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 02:30:26 PM »

Razlan, do a search for posts on the BH760. I'm certain there's been a fair amount of useful discussion said about them in the past. I've not used them myself but from what I remember from reading other people's opinions about them they've a lot of thump around 60hz and play loud but aren't the smoothest subs out there.

If a smooth response is what you're after maybe you should stick with the front loaded EAW stuff 750's or 1000's as you mentioned. Or alternatively have you considered using non-EAW subs? There's plenty of other stuff in the same kind of price bracket to look at!

Langston Holland

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 12:17:27 AM »

I would love to have that KF760/761 rig you're considering. My little company is using the KF730 and I'm very happy with them. Troy Gwin and Geri 'O cover very large events using the big EAW's with excellent results with the new EAW processor. :)

EAW's touring usage guide recommends (1) SB1000 per KF760 or (1) KF940 per (3) KF760's. Obviously, the horn-loaded KF940 sub has a great deal more output capability than the SB1000. Interestingly, the BH760 has the exact same output specs as the KF940, though the 940 has lower extension, is much larger, much heavier and thus completely impractical to move about IMO.

Each of these three subs present a nominal 4 ohm load at similar input power ratings. I'm sure none of this is news to you. The SB1000 is one of the most successful front-loaded subs and deserves to be. Nevertheless, you can use a lot fewer subs and amps if you go with a good horn-loaded design. The thing that becomes the issue at this point is sound quality. Most folks I know would rather have the SB1000 as long as they don't have to deal with the quantity and cost associated with how many you need and how many amps you'll need to power them. On that point alone I used to use the BH760 and made a lot of folks happy with them.

Then I found the Danley TH115. IMO, this sub sounds better, by far, than any other sub I've heard. They also have a little more output on a one-on-one basis than the BH760. I really think you'll be doing yourself an injustice if you don't demo a pair of them before making the plunge. The TH115 is the only loudspeaker I've ever had that consistently get compliments from people that know little or nothing about sound. Their accuracy is stunning IMO.

A second thing about the TH115 is that it presents a nominal 8 ohm load vs. the 4 ohm load of the EAW's, requiring a little less than half the amplification to achieve full output. I'm driving (6) TH115's to full output with a single QSC PL380, (3) on each channel in parallel input mode. The TH115 is also smaller and lighter than either EAW sub. I wouldn't have believed this before demoing them myself. The following link has some measurements and notes from that demo:

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/142487/4332/#msg _142487

Note: Both Troy and Geri 'O are EAW dealers that I've purchased from and trust completely. I'm a Danley dealer.
God bless you and your precious family - Langston

Soundscapes <><

Josh Billings

• http://www.mindboxmedia.com/soundsystem
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 12:59:20 AM »

Go with the SB750s or SB1000s. Time tested and a box that almost anybody can mix on. I haven't heard any good reviews of the BH760 other than they are loud.

The SB-1000 will probably have the best relsale value though.

-Josh Billings

Pascal Pincosy

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 02:43:26 AM »

What's an SB760?

Razlan- I would suggest looking at some of the other basshorn manufacturers out there besides EAW. Honestly, I haven't been impressed in an EAW sub product in quite a while. Danley is a good option, but I'd also take a look at Bassmaxx subwoofers. Either option will simply blow away anything from EAW, and vs the BH 760 you will save weight, space, and output, and gain low end.
Know:Audio
--------------------------------
US Distributor: Trabes/MG Srl
Speaker Lifts-Truss-Roof Systems

Edward Challanger

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 01:52:06 PM »

go with LA 400

Jeff Babcock

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »

tthorsten Thorsten Bunz wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 13:52

go with LA 400

A nice sub indeed but not in the same league as the subs already mentioned.  With enough of them, I suppose it could be made to work but the others above have considerably lower extension if the budget permits.

razlan zaidi

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 11:57:13 PM »

ok, thanks for the informations, i think i'm going to choose both bh760 and danley th115, i have received a lot of comments and everyone was very happy with th115 and the comments about them always positif beside the bh760 (always negatif comments)
maybe i will find the useful of bh760 soon..

thanks

Tim Padrick

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 05:55:26 AM »

I spent a couple of days listening to a rig with a quad of BH760 on each side in a big cow barn, and a friend mixed on the same sized rig outdoors.  We both agreed that they are the worst subs we have heard in ages.

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 12:28:28 AM »

Tim, I'm not gonna get into a pissing match with you over an experience or two with a certain sub, mostly because I don't care what people use or the results they get. That's their problem, as are my own gigs to me. But I gotta say, I've used the BH-760s once and it was easy to get good results with them in a pretty short time frame. Your friend might have had processor setting issues or power issues, or both, don't know or care. The BH-760s are kinda big for me. We have done very well with the SB-1000s. But there are many worse subs to be had than the BH-760s. I used several of those in the past, too.

Geri O
"Stagelite Sound...A Pin 2 hot-compliant company"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.