ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha MG32/14FX Mixer  (Read 2763 times)

dudewthegroove

Yamaha MG32/14FX Mixer
« on: January 11, 2005, 07:33:41 pm »

My church just purchased a Yamaha MG32/14FX Mixer to replace our old board. Does anyone use this or know anyone that does?

On a normal sunday we run 5-6 singers, 3-4 guitars, 1 bass, 2 wireless mics, cd,dvd,computer audio running into and out of the mixer. Is there any special ways or anytricks that i should know about when hooking it all up in a couple of weeks? We also are recording to a CD live every sunday.

Dan Carter

Re: Yamaha MG32/14FX Mixer
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 05:00:49 am »

How's the Yahama sound? We're thinking of purchasing one for our church to replace a small Mackie.

dudewthegroove

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 06:28:28 pm »

still waiting for it to come in it should be here this week

Mike Sveda

• http://www.cohglory.org/Sunday@7/index.html
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 07:42:22 am »

We should be getting one for our youth building this week too.

John H.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 04:42:14 am »

This is the board we bought this past September for our church, which I use. I like it a lot and we got a good deal on it, $899 new in the U.S. You get what you pay for and it seems like a good overall board for the price range. If you need help with a specific thing, ask me. I'm starting out myself, but I did hook it up and we've been using it for the past 6 months.

You mentioned you're recording to a CD from the live service? We do this as well. Are you planning on just running the stereo master outs to capture it? Or are you going to want to have more control to remix it later? If so, we ran into the problem that the Yamaha board doesn't have Direct Outs, so you'll have to buy a recording snake (1/4" TRS for however many channels you want to run out) and plug them halfway into the channel inserts. It isn't very professional, but that seems like the only way you can control every channel out to a recorder.

Take some time and familiarize yourself with the board too before you hook it all up. I found out it's layed out pretty well and everything is pretty accessible, it's only going to help you later on to know where everything is at and how to use it. I recommend the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement For Worship book for $20 if you're new to sound, it helped me out a lot. Especially learning how to set up the soundboard a bit when you first set it up to get more usable gain out of it.

The board has some nice effects in it as well...

Mike Sveda

• http://www.cohglory.org/Sunday@7/index.html
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 10:29:34 pm »

I just helped put in the MG24 version of the Yamah today.  Very nice sounding budget board.  

David Kaiser

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 12:23:50 pm »

The way that I am currently doing my recording is I sending aux 4 (postfader) to channel 14 (or aux return assigned to subs) and running a stereo mic on 15 and 16, assigned to subs 1-2. I like this because I can adjust each mic in the recording mix and it follows the fader and mutes. This doesn't work real well on a mixer that doesn't have subgroups and assign options.
I upgraded from a Shure Promaster 705 to a Mackie 1604VLZ. If anybody has a Soundcraft FX16 or APB ProRack House they don't need, I'll gladly switch.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 12:23:50 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.