ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rackmount CD-Players  (Read 10791 times)

luis Markson

• Just keep going....
Re: Rackmount CD-Players
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 11:17:03 PM »

An Alesis Masterlink will do what you ask, although I'm not sure that's exactly what you have in mind.  There's still the problem of how to get the program off the iPod, and onto the HD.

GTD

That would be perfect if it was just a playback device....

luis Markson

• Just keep going....
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 11:24:30 PM »

Yep = http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/dj-equipment/numark-hdcd1-mp3-dj-cd-player-hdcd-1.htm

Don't need any of the DJ functionality.

I want something I can setup a variety of playlists for different kinds of functions (dinner music etc) and for between sets for different kinds of bands.

I would be great to know that you have the perfect music ready on hand at any given point in time.

Ideally I'd like to see:

2 RU

CD Tray, Large stop, play, cue and skip buttons.

Largish LCD for the HD player with large and simple, backlit menu navigation buttons. Front USB port for PC?mac connectivity.

Why not make it FW800...

Lets call it the "iRack"

Really its a simplifies version of the Numark

If anyone reading this takes the idea and manufactures one, at least do me the decency of sending me a free one!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:33:00 PM by luis Markson »

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »

Good luck find one of those ;)

Denny Conn

• Hult Center for the Performing Arts
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 11:52:02 AM »

My problem is finding pro quality CD players with wired remotes.  Our CD players generally aren't in line of sight for w/l remotes and sometimes there are multiple players in a rack.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 12:13:49 PM »

My problem is finding pro quality CD players with wired remotes.  Our CD players generally aren't in line of sight for w/l remotes and sometimes there are multiple players in a rack.

Dedicated laptop or rackmount computer with Sports Sounds Pro for simpler things, and SFX or other theatrical playback/control software on a dedicated computer (pick your sound cards wisely) for the complex stuff.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tom Duffy

• TASCAM
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »

I won't put a link here because I work for TASCAM, but we have 1U CD players with parallel control that you can make up your own remote however you want.

<mods : This thread already mentioned the CD player in question, hope this doesn't cross the line into advertising>

Tom Duffy

Brian Ehlers

• West Michigan
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »

Again, the Denon DN-C620 fits the bill.  While the supplied remote is IR, there is also a 25-pin connector to which you can wire up whatever switches you want.  Or you can control the unit via an RS-232 port and Crestron or AMX.

Don't be fooled by the Denon name.  This unit is not consumer-grade.  Denon/Marantz seems to be pretty serious about designing and building this unit for the broadcast market.

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
    • Bennett Prescott Dot Com
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 06:50:12 PM »

Agreed. There is Denon, and then there is Denon Pro. A very big difference.
-- Bennett Prescott
Sales & Operations Director
B&C Speakers NA
Cell: +1 (518) 488-7190

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 06:50:12 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.