ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Metering the services?  (Read 407 times)

John Schalk

Re: Metering the services?
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 09:01:13 AM »

I am not sure where you got the idea the software is "calibrated" for the plethora of iPad and iPhone products.  Studio Six Digital sells a USB microphone that contains a calibration chip the software can read.  This is the only way to get a calibrated reading.  You need the mic, it's $100 well spent.
Studio Six Digital calibrates their apps to use the built-in microphones.  That information comes from watching their short video on how to use their SPL meters.  You can find a link for it in the app.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 10:23:40 PM »

Studio Six Digital calibrates their apps to use the built-in microphones.  That information comes from watching their short video on how to use their SPL meters.  You can find a link for it in the app.

I have the full license and the lightning microphone.  They have a full range of external microphones.  I can tell you that the external mic is significantly more accurate (when checked against dedicated SPL meter)

https://studiosixdigital.com/audio-hardware/itestmic2/   - The affordable Mic

https://studiosixdigital.com/audio-hardware/iprecisionmic/   - High precision mic, available cal certificate for $525

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 10:23:40 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.