ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Something else than Bose L1 compact?  (Read 20063 times)

Gustav Hedelund

• Liljedahls Musik - homepage
Re: Something else than Bose L1 compact?
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 08:27:28 PM »

Excuses for swedish chat everyone else reading ;)

Aha, jag känner inte Hasse personligen men ser honom på forum ibland. Viktoria Tolstoy har jag jobbat med flera gånger. Kul! Kommer säkert träffa honom någon dag, det brukar bli så förr eller senare. Folkmusik är mycket trevligt. Jag kör ljudet på en veckas vis-festival på somrarna, brukar träffa rätt mycket folkmusiker då. Alltid härligt folk och härliga efterfester, fiol och snaps :)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »

De' ä' mycket trevlig att forsöka att talar på Svenska.  De' ä' ganska länga sidan jag har varit is Sverige........hält för långt.  Tak för samtalet.

MVH

DR 
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Gustav Hedelund

• Liljedahls Musik - homepage
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 04:56:09 AM »

De' ä' mycket trevlig att forsöka att talar på Svenska.  De' ä' ganska länga sidan jag har varit is Sverige........hält för långt.  Tak för samtalet.

MVH

DR

Yeah nice talking to you too, Swedish must be a strange language for foreigners. I went to Russia a couple of weeks ago. Man, I didn't understand a single word, trying to remember some standard words was very hard too.

Well, for everybody wondering about the Bose, I guess I have to let the customer decide what he wants, and that I think will be Bose.

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »

hey

There is at least one other company who makes a very similar product, i remember seeing one of their adverts in a magazine (L&SI i'm sure) but didn't pay a huge amount of attention so don't remember the brand name. I assume they would sound a bit better than the bose although haven't heard them myself so cant confirm that.

But at the end of the day, there is only so much you can do in these situations. As i'm sure you know in higher end clubs, restaurants and bars sound unfortunately tends to come a distinct last place behind décor, lighting etc etc  and they seem to have already decided on the "stick" form factor because of the way it looks.  All you can do is warn them that the sound isn't as good as it is in other more traditional products and that they are paying for the "look", and if they still decide they want it then you've done your job and all you can do is install it and move on.

Edit:  found the advert its by Renkus-Heinz, here's a link to the brochure pdf   http://www.renkus-heinz.com/support/marketing_sales-support/brochures/brochures_pdf/ICLive-Letter.pdf

k
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:02:06 AM by Kevin McDonough »

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »

Edit:  found the advert its by Renkus-Heinz, here's a link to the brochure pdf   http://www.renkus-heinz.com/support/marketing_sales-support/brochures/brochures_pdf/ICLive-Letter.pdf
The ICLive is a steerable array and is on pretty much a completely different level than the Bose L1.

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 10:41:03 AM »

The ICLive is a steerable array and is on pretty much a completely different level than the Bose L1.

ha, isn't everything on pretty much a different level from Bose?   :P

lol, no in all seriousness i didn't really look into the product at all, just remember seeing it and thinking that superficially it reminded me of the Bose.

k

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:26 AM »

oh and just saw it pictured next to a person for scale as well, MUCH bigger product than I thought it was from the press photo. Not really suitable at all for this application :)  lol

k

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 10:59:43 AM »

Hi all!

Got an install where the customer wants to have something like the Bose L1 compact. (2 of them)

Since I am fairly impressed of the system, I want to deliver something as sleek but better sounding at a not too different price.

The system shall be active, have less of distortion, better freq. range and better sounding subwoofer(s).
Maybe a not so easy task since the L1's are pretty cheap and the form factor has to be "sleek". I think they will agree on 20-30% higher price on a better sounding rig and a little better SPL for DJ setups.

It will be used for piano bar / troubadour and DJ's for smaller crowds in a restaurant environment. This mobile system shall "not be seen, just heard".

Thankful for suggestions!

// Gustav

Community Entasys?

http://www.communitypro.com/index.php/product-list/102-entasys

JBL CBT?

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/general/ProductFamily.aspx?FId=89&MId=2

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »

Remember that the customer has stipulated a "mobile" system.

These are small and mobile. Never heard them but have a friend who has mixed on them and had good things to say. 

http://www.k-array.net/index.php?Itemid=255&option=com_zoo&view=item&category_id=30&item_id=154&lang=en

Arrogance is usually far worse than ignorance. But every once in awhile they swap places.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.