ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 DMX lines using 5 pin  (Read 4600 times)

len woelfel

• http://www.party-chicago.com/rentals/rentals.html
Re: 2 DMX lines using 5 pin
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 11:16:56 AM »

Ron Hebbard wrote on Sat, 05 January 2008 03:24

Blair Willis wrote on Sat, 05 January 2008 03:53

To further complicate the question:

Would there be any problem using opposing signal directions?  That is, could one twisted pair be used for an upstream signal, the other for a downstream signal?

Thanks for your input (and output),

Blair

Hello Blair;

I believe this has already been done by some of the higher end manufacturers with one pair carrying control info from a console to it's dimmers, foggers, scrollers, 'wigglies', et al and the secondary pair carrying report info back to the console for things such as load changes, fan failures, over-temp, etcetera.

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Yes, the second pair was originally designed to carry fixture data back to the console.  Basically a feedback channel as you guessed.  

Ron Hebbard

Re: 2 DMX lines using 5 pin
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 12:01:48 PM »

len woelfel wrote on Sun, 06 January 2008 16:16

Ron Hebbard wrote on Sat, 05 January 2008 03:24

Blair Willis wrote on Sat, 05 January 2008 03:53

To further complicate the question:

Would there be any problem using opposing signal directions?  That is, could one twisted pair be used for an upstream signal, the other for a downstream signal?

Thanks for your input (and output),

Blair

Hello Blair;

I believe this has already been done by some of the higher end manufacturers with one pair carrying control info from a console to it's dimmers, foggers, scrollers, 'wigglies', et al and the secondary pair carrying report info back to the console for things such as load changes, fan failures, over-temp, etcetera.

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Yes, the second pair was originally designed to carry fixture data back to the console.  Basically a feedback channel as you guessed.  

Hello Len and happy new year!

I wrote that "I believed", I don't recall indicating any guessing on my part. ;^)

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 16 queries.