ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville Line Array with Danley Tech?  (Read 55955 times)

Philip Roberts

Re: Yorkville Line Array with Danley Tech?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 10:34:26 PM »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 22:01

Before you joke to much the asymetrical ceiling speaker is about to become a reality.  The first ones are being installed in less than a month.  A single loudspeaker that replaces many and provides even coverage down a hallway.  It really messes with your head Very Happy

And following that a concert level version that provides MUCH higher level towards the rear seats than the front (providing even coverage), as is horizontally arrayable.

Very interesting, is this a Danley product, if not who's? I'll be really interested in seeing specs, polar's and such for those speakers.

Philip
Philip Roberts
Director of Media Engineering
Pioneer Memorial Seventh Day Adventist Church
Berrien Springs MI

Scott Raymond

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 12:25:40 AM »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 21:01

Scott Raymond (Scott R) wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 21:53

And then the ASSYMETRICAL ceiling instal speaker.
!

Before you joke to much the asymetrical ceiling speaker is about to become a reality.  The first ones are being installed in less than a month.  A single loudspeaker that replaces many and provides even coverage down a hallway.  It really messes with your head Very Happy

And following that a concert level version that provides MUCH higher level towards the rear seats than the front (providing even coverage), as is horizontally arrayable.

That's one way to get this thread back on track.  Laughing  Sounds really interesting!  I was aware of an EV design that is something like that but with Tom behind it I suspect it will be quite different.

Ivan Beaver

Re: Yorkville Line Array with Danley Tech?-New products under developement
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 09:36:31 AM »

Yes it is a Danley product.  No polars yet, still finalizing the details.

Polars can get to be VERY interesting on "unusual" products.  Take the Danley DFA for example.  It is a Down Firing Asymetrical cabinet designed to hang perfectly under an SH50 and have the patterns complement each other.

But if you look at the CLF measured data it pretty much sucks. Shocked   That is because the "front" of the cabinet is completely out of the horn coverage pattern.  So the sensitivity is something like in the mid/low 80db range with really bad freq response no highs at all.  The coverage patterns (directivity index) also are pretty bad, as most of the measured angles are out of the coverage pattern.  Polar plats are really hard to understand, because you have to lay over many vertical AND Horizontal plots in your head to get a good understand.  It takes a FULL 360
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Michael Hedden Jr.

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
PR/Marketing?
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »

Michael Hedden Jr. wrote on Sat, 13 October 2007 10:55

Night and day different.  The vari-intense horn was simply a variation on an asymmetrical horn.  Our new product will be a paradigm shift like this industry hasn't seen in a long time.  I know some with say that is just PR/Marketing speech but consider Tom Danley certainly a proven track record of innovation, we have working models and there simply isn't anything like it on the planet.
People may say that is just PR/Marketing, but can you reread that and say it is not PR/Marketing, which you know is not allowed on these forums?

Mac

Lee Patzius

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »

Brad Weber wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 15:03

Tim McCulloch wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 12:14

It will be interesting to see how buttocks are implemented in a line array.... nudge nudge, wink wink.

Back to my idea for Acoustically Symmetrical Speakers, the ASS line.  The product line could include the narrow dispersion TightASS, the wide dispersion WideASS and the BigASS sub (after all, everybody wants a BigASS sub!).  There might be a high output, limited edition version, but I'm not sure the ASShole would go over too well.  Maybe even the CuteLittleASS monitor (also called the MonitorASS or MASS for churches).  Perhaps the vertical line array could be the ASScrack.

Processing might include a basic analog DumbASS processor and the digital SmartASS processor.  Device programming and monitoring via the ASSet Management software.

Marketing slogans could include "The only ASS you want to hear", "Loud as ASS", "Nice ASS" and "Sounds like ASS".

Don't forget about the rear-firing reversed polarity Sub BASSackward System! Laughing

EDIT: No wait, that would be the subASSbackwards system. Oh well...

Lee Patzius

Tim Padrick

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2007, 06:21:07 PM »

Brad Weber wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 14:03

Tim McCulloch wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 12:14

It will be interesting to see how buttocks are implemented in a line array.... nudge nudge, wink wink.

Back to my idea for Acoustically Symmetrical Speakers, the ASS line.  The product line could include the narrow dispersion TightASS, the wide dispersion WideASS and the BigASS sub (after all, everybody wants a BigASS sub!).  There might be a high output, limited edition version, but I'm not sure the ASShole would go over too well.  Maybe even the CuteLittleASS monitor (also called the MonitorASS or MASS for churches).  Perhaps the vertical line array could be the ASScrack.

Processing might include a basic analog DumbASS processor and the digital SmartASS processor.  Device programming and monitoring via the ASSet Management software.

Marketing slogans could include "The only ASS you want to hear", "Loud as ASS", "Nice ASS" and "Sounds like ASS".

You can use a Big Ass Fan to cool the rig: http://www.bigassfans.com/

Brad Ferguson

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2007, 11:16:58 PM »

One thing that I think is worth mentioning is that Yorkville has attempted to listen to the end user on this one.  We had them show up at our wearhouse and look at several different line arrays and how they rigged, and listened to our feedback of what we liked about each one...

I'm interested to see what comes of this!
--
Brad Ferguson
Toronto, Ontario

TrevorMilburn

Re: Yorkville Line Array with Danley Tech? - COFFEE ALERT
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 04:19:39 AM »

Dave, Tony Rossell is indeed alive and well as are A.S.S. - he also runs a company producing high quality monitoring systems for studio & home use called Auracoustic.

He posts on the speakerplans.com general forum:
http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=1 as TONY.A.S.S.

His other company can be found here: http://www.auracoustic.co.uk/auracoustic-home.htm

Regards,
Trevor

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 12:45:38 PM »

Hey Brad,

Thanks for that insight ... good news indeed.  This may be a great example of a company NOT rushing into a particular market/product until it's time.  I expect the two line arrays Yorkville releases will be solid products and will hopefully take some cues from the incredible sounding Unity Series.

ScottH

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 12:45:38 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.