ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What kind of controller?  (Read 1373 times)

neil juneja

What kind of controller?
« on: September 30, 2007, 09:10:56 PM »

I have a pair of technobeams, 4 trackspots, and 2 dataflashes.  i plan on primarily doing electronic music shows, so everything is directed to live shows with very quick changes and a lot of improvisation.
Would a Martin Xciter do for this?  I have an enttec open DMX (but i haven't started playing with it yet).  i could also use the elation/sunlite software, but I can't afford light jockey yet.  Any other non-software based board would work for me?

I have a controller for the dataflashes, but nothing else.

Also, I'll probably add a couple more technobeams and a bunch more trackspots at some point.  And maybe some Martin Mac 250s.

Finally, this is a mobile rig (that is currently being stuffed into a subaru sedan), so no giant 100 lb boards.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Name Policy
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »

muvment, please go to your profile and change your alias to your real full name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed at the top of the page.

Mac

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
Re: What kind of controller
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »

Just try the Freestyler software. It's cheap (free) and decent enough to give you an idea about using the PC-based packages.

It is a good cheap way of seeing if you can tolerate PC-based lighting control.

A note of caution on the Open USB/DMX. You may run into issues with it - jumpy lights, arbitrary operation etc. The open device relies on the PC for DMX timing - The pro version essentially acts as DMX buffer and retransmits the DMX signal.
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.