ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cinema Automation replacement  (Read 1807 times)

Sean Talbot

Cinema Automation replacement
« on: September 24, 2007, 12:47:14 AM »

I realize the "Pro A/V" market and the 35mm cinema crowd are two different worlds, but I'm hoping I'll have some luck. This is my deal:

We've just renovated an old UA theatre into a new half restaurant/theatre, and we've taken the projector and rack from the house we converted into a kitchen into a trailer in the parking lot - to do showings outside - now, all is doing well for a while with the install, especially the crude sound setup we're in the process of vastly improving, until we find out that the automation board is no good - fried, nothing works but the motor switch, which is nice because it's the only way to turn the motor on.

So, we order the new CE TA-10 automation board, and while I haven't done one of these particular boards before on an install, I've done automation - what I didn't take into consideration was that the old board is almost 30 years old, "Laser Scanner" Automation - and while CE made it (I think), I'm having some trouble translating between the two, especially with the relays - I can't find a manual on the old board anywhere, and I don't want to just assume they haven't changed. The old one doesn't specify a douser relay, and I'm almost lost because it should, theoretically, be with the lamp and motor relays.

I'm getting pretty frustrated trying to dust the cobwebs out of this thing and upgrade, so if anyone has any help to offer, it would be much appreciated!

Sean

John Birchman, CTS

• http://www.jrbtechnical.com/
Re: Cinema Automation replacement
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:32:41 AM »

I would look on the old unit, for any information to confirm who made it and when it was manufactured (if that information can be found anywhere, and then call CE (Component Engineering http://www.componentengineering.com/) and see if they can offer some assistance.

They should be able to help, especially if the old unit was made by them.

Good luck!

John
John Birchman, CTS
Freelance AV and Stage Technician
JRB Technical
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.