ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TREE VIEW = USELESS  (Read 6098 times)

Mark Hobbs

TREE VIEW = USELESS
« on: September 19, 2007, 12:32:51 AM »

Is there something that I am missing or is "tree view" completely and utterly useless? Every time I go from one screen to another I find myself clicking on the "flat view" button because I find it to be more practical in every way and I find it quite annoying to have to go from "tree view" to "flat view" at every screen change within the forum.

Am I the only one out there that feels this way???

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
Re: TREE VIEW = USELESS
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »

Mark Hobbs wrote on Wed, 19 September 2007 00:32

Am I the only one out there that feels this way???

No.

Evan
Flat view user since 04!
Not all change is good change.

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »

Oh, God, no, it was Chevy vs Ford, PC vs Mac, now we have flat vs tree?

Fine.

If I can use tree view intelligently, anyone can and you have a serious problem if you can't.

Could I use flat view?

Don't know, don't care. Get over it.

Geri "Mr CrankyPants is back with a vengence" O
"Stagelite Sound...A Pin 2 hot-compliant company"

Mark Hobbs

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 09:06:54 PM »

Geri O'Neil wrote on Fri, 21 September 2007 16:50

Oh, God, no, it was Chevy vs Ford, PC vs Mac, now we have flat vs tree?

Fine.

If I can use tree view intelligently, anyone can and you have a serious problem if you can't.

Could I use flat view?

Don't know, don't care. Get over it.

Geri "Mr CrankyPants is back with a vengence" O

There is a difference between saying "I can't use tree" and saying "tree is useless" and if YOU can't tell which one I said then YOU have a serious problem. To remedy this problem I advise that you start by getting your head out of your ass.

Why don't you explain how having a list of thread titles and names + having to click on them to read the posts one at a time makes more sense then having a list of the posts themselves in the order they were posted?

Mark "getting a kick out of responding to Geri's petty BS" Hobbs

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 09:51:10 PM »

Mark Hobbs wrote on Fri, 21 September 2007 21:06

Why don't you explain how having a list of thread titles and names + having to click on them to read the posts one at a time makes more sense then having a list of the posts themselves in the order they were posted?
It makes more sense because you can tell what post is being responded to, which you can't do with out clicking on the link in flat view. The order the posts were made in has no relevance to the way the thread breaks into sub threads. What I wonder is why it so important to you that you have to post about it. Whichever view you like you can set up in your preferences. Get over yourself.

Mac

Mark Hobbs

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 11:46:15 PM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Fri, 21 September 2007 20:51

It makes more sense because you can tell what post is being responded to, which you can't do with out clicking on the link in flat view.

It sounds like you agree with me in that flat view makes more sense.

What I wonder is why it so important to you that you have to post about it.

Just because I made this post does not mean that it is "so important." This area is for feedback...right? So as I understand it you and ernie (you need to tell him to change his alias to his full name BTW) want this kind of stuff. I know that there are plenty of people that think this tree view thing is useless. The thought that tree is useless crossed my mind a few times so I figured I might as well make a post about it.

Get over yourself.

I see nothing egotistical about what I said here. Smart-ass maybe, but only in response to unprovoked smart-ass comments made to me.

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 02:28:09 AM »

Chill Mark.

This isnt a life or death thing. Razz

Some people like tree view.
Some people like flat view.

Both have their positive points.
Both have their negative points.

Use whatever works best for you.

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 04:02:16 AM »

Mark Hobbs wrote on Fri, 21 September 2007 22:46

It makes more sense because you can tell what post is being responded to, which you can't do with out clicking on the link in flat view.

It sounds like you agree with me in that flat view makes more sense.

No, that's NOT what Mac said.  He said "in flat view, you can't tell when replies branch."  Have you ever used Usenet?  THREADING (or "tree view") is how it's done, so you can tell easily WHO is replying to WHOM.

What I wonder is why it so important to you that you have to post about it.

Quote:

Just because I made this post does not mean that it is "so important." This area is for feedback...right? So as I understand it you and ernie (you need to tell him to change his alias to his full name BTW) want this kind of stuff. I know that there are plenty of people that think this tree view thing is useless. The thought that tree is useless crossed my mind a few times so I figured I might as well make a post about it.

Hobbs, don't be an asshole.  Ernie is the WEBMASTER.  Mark Herman, who owns this site, is fine with Ernie using one name, so I suggest you get over it.  You might get along better at Harmony Central.

Get over yourself.

Quote:

I see nothing egotistical about what I said here. Smart-ass maybe, but only in response to unprovoked smart-ass comments made to me.

I suggest you reconsider what you bring here, and what you take away..  You come off as a whiny, petulant jerk when you post like this.  You have a choice in what "view" you use.  If you like flat view and dont' mind not being able to tell who replied to whom, or if you're on dialup (you can see all messages without having to reload all the advertising graphics with every click) by all means use what makes you happy, that's why there is a choice.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Gordon Brinton

• http://www.proaux.com
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 06:59:40 AM »

Mark Hobbs wrote on Wed, 19 September 2007 00:32

...I find it quite annoying to have to go from "tree view" to "flat view" at every screen change within the forum...

You can set Flat View as default in your user control panel. Then you don't have to keep clicking it every day.

GB
I use Crappy Drum Triggers
Sell your gear here. Free Online Auctions
Also check out this new forum... Home Recording Forum

Matt Atkinson

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 12:51:54 PM »

Incorrect. The default view does not change anything. You always have to click flat view. The setting in control panel doesn't stay.

PS: I agree with tree view being useless.

Its a common occurrence on internet forums that people are more dickish and rude than in real life.

Take a deep breath! Smile!
Smile
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.