ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 70 Volt questions  (Read 11706 times)

Jeff Heart

• http://www.wiggleproductions.com
Re: I heard the problem the owners were talking about
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 03:13:04 pm »

Tim McCulloch wrote on Sun, 23 September 2007 20:00

Lock down the DriveRack.  I had a club install where they kept blowing up 15s.  The rig was for syndicated foreground music.  They kept it pretty loud, but not pushing it hard enough to clip, or even make it sweat hard...  it turned out the cleaning crew would crank the system far louder than the bar crowd would tolerate.  All the way up...

They shouldn't have been anywhere the controls were located, but they did anyway.  We put in a locking rack and disabled the remotes behind the bar... the maintainence issues went away.

Someone thinks those little speakers can do car stereo bass.  Lock down the DR or call a clergyman for an exorcism if the lockout doesn't work.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

Yup, done that.  I usually always lock it once set but I didn't do it this time. It's set back to 70Hz HPF and password protected now.  If that was the issue, it's fixed now but I still need to know for sure.
Jeff Heart
Wiggle Productions LLC
A/V, Lighting, Photo, Install, Rentals, Sales

Ken Freeman

Need more info...time for a drawing of your plan.
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 04:32:24 pm »

Hey Jeff,

Please make a drawing of your set-up.  Either post it, or PM it to me.  Include speaker models, taps you propose to use, cable diastances and sizes and the make and model of your amplifiers.  I think this could be really easy, but don't want to lead you down the part of bad audio by mistake.

Ken
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.