ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey VSX 26 Comment  (Read 8151 times)

Alex Schultz

Re: Peavey VSX 26 Comment
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 07:22:17 PM »

Kent Clasen wrote on Tue, 25 September 2007 14:39

Steve Hurt wrote on Tue, 25 September 2007 20:00

Direction makes sense to me

Every EQ boost/cut pot I've twisted was clockwise for boost.

I agree with a "pot", but it is a knob controlling a virtual slider on a graphic EQ, and when you are watching the screen and turn the knob up, the slider goes down...again, maybe it's just my brain.

Makes perfect sense to me. Follows "normal" operation for a  level pot. It would drive me bats the other way.

Best of Days
Never underestimate the danger of stupid people in powerful positions.

Knowledge is the information acquired while searching for an answer, not the answer itself.

Alex S

Chris Henderson

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 10:29:06 AM »

i am actually looking at getting one of these units in the next month, but i have never head the unit and i was wondering one thing...

how does the compressor and eq portion of it sound?  i was actually thinking about using one for my mains and subs (L=Mains / R=Subs) (i run mains and subs mono...i see no reason to do otherwise...maybe someone could enlighten me?) and the third input as a compressor/eq for bass or vox or some such.  buys me an extra channel of eq and compression without having to buy another box.

does that sound even remotely like a good idea or not?

Jeff Babcock

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 11:00:35 AM »

Chris,
I would not use this box as EQ/comp for your bass guitar.  It is not intended for that and will drive you crazy in that role.  As a speaker management tool it works fine and is inexpensive.  I am slightly ticked at Peavey for having spent 2 years promising a "Live" mode GUI for this unit and still nothing to show for it, as I sold some of these with the promise of the GUI and now feel a bit foolish.

Anyway, my 2c, it works well as intended, but keep it in the PA domain.

Michael Powell

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 12:18:01 AM »

This is definately not a unit for a bass rig.  Although it is an inexpensive alternative to other units, one of the major drawbacks is the time it takes to set this unit up.  We also sold multiple units with the promise of an GUI.  Unfortunately, without much of an graphical interface, the setup on this unit takes much longer than I would like to spend doing a "quick" demo.  Trying to do any last minute adjustments on stage for a bass rig is asking for major trouble. You would be better off using a product made for that application.
Mike
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 19 queries.