ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone here of TVI Audio line arrays?  (Read 46141 times)

JAN M. WILLIAMS

• http://www.fcpsound.net
Re: Anyone here of TVI Audio line arrays?
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 05:20:04 PM »

I'm still curious if anyone on this forum has used or heard the TVI Line Array systems.  I can relate to many of the posters and thir reluctance to take this company too seriously and to evaluate a system that appears on the surface to be inferior or too inexpensive however it does deserve a listen and a look-see.  Who knows, it might be great for small venues or for small sound companies just starting out.  After all, the 'big boys' had to start somewhere.

Rob Spence

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 10:10:09 PM »

J WILLIAMS wrote on Mon, 29 October 2007 17:20

I'm still curious if anyone on this forum has used or heard the TVI Line Array systems.  I can relate to many of the posters and thir reluctance to take this company too seriously and to evaluate a system that appears on the surface to be inferior or too inexpensive however it does deserve a listen and a look-see.  Who knows, it might be great for small venues or for small sound companies just starting out.  After all, the 'big boys' had to start somewhere.

Ten boxes including 2 subs and hanging hardware for under $6k? You are talking about JRX or other cheapo level stuff.
Would you like to stand under it? Is the hanging gear even rated?
Many line array systems cost more than $6k per box.

You can get a pretty good pair of speakers and a pair subs for that money or 8 cheap speakers and 2 cheap subs.

I am not surprised no one has tried these. They are not believable.

Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Name Policy
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 10:34:52 PM »

J WILLIAMS, please go to your profile and change your alias to your real full name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed at the top of the page.

Mac

Vince Byrne

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 06:29:36 PM »

JAN M. WILLIAMS wrote on Mon, 29 October 2007 16:20

I can relate to many of the posters and thir reluctance to take this company too seriously and to evaluate a system that appears on the surface to be inferior or too inexpensive however it does deserve a listen and a look-see.  ... After all, the 'big boys' had to start somewhere.

And why do they deserve a listen and a look-see? There has to be something beyond "appears on the surface to be inferior or too inexpensive" to earn a piece of anyone's attention. The 'little boys' who have become 'big boys' did so when they stood out from the crowd in some way. Technology, features, usability, service ... even fashion.

Kemper Watson

• http://www.theplaceholders.com
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 08:17:14 PM »

JAN M. WILLIAMS wrote on Mon, 29 October 2007 17:20

Here's a thought. Go buy the set. Write a review..Tell us what you find out.  
Edit . I'll bet you that it won't keep up with 4 QRX boxes (2 218 subs- 2 212 tops)

Jess Bruffett

• http://www.myspace.com/jmainia23
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 10:02:39 PM »

just look at the specs, the continous spl at one meter is 103 and the max spl is 120?? thats so freaking ineffecient for a line array, even one with small drivers. WTF are they thinking? and who would buy something like that with out a demo.

Ian Hunt

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 11:35:32 AM »

Hi Kemper

"DEMO UNIT NOW AVAILABLE, CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE A TIME TO HEAR THIS AWESOME SYSTEM!"

I took that off th ebay ad, where did you find the "WE DO NOT OFFER DEMO'S OF THIS PRODUCT" that appears in your post?

As I have no knowledge of the product I can't comment on the value, seems a bit cheap though.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Kemper Watson

• http://www.theplaceholders.com
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 01:24:06 PM »

Ian Hunt wrote on Wed, 31 October 2007 11:35

Hi Kemper

"DEMO UNIT NOW AVAILABLE, CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE A TIME TO HEAR THIS AWESOME SYSTEM!"

I took that off th ebay ad, where did you find the "WE DO NOT OFFER DEMO'S OF THIS PRODUCT" that appears in your post?

As I have no knowledge of the product I can't comment on the value, seems a bit cheap though.

When this thread started, the caps statement was prominent in the add.
It has since been changed. Oh the power we have!!!!

Ian Hunt

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 06:13:11 PM »

Indeed, maybe if we keep on pointing out the incongruity of low price and high quality they'll raise the former and lower the latter until it seems ok  Very Happy
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Mike Constable

• http://www.twinaudiosolutions.com
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 06:14:12 PM »

Hey guys, I have contacted them as they now have a website as well.  They are going to quote me on "discounted" pricing as they said they are currently offering this to customers in areas where they have no representation so that we can be there point of contact rep for anyne in my particular area to contact with questions or demo.  I'll keep you posted as to their information and if I can find any close in PA where I can get a demo.
The system I inquired on was their large format c-212II.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.