ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone here of TVI Audio line arrays?  (Read 46138 times)

Vince Byrne

Re: Anyone here of TVI Audio line arrays?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 11:24:08 AM »

Mike Constable wrote on Wed, 31 October 2007 17:14

Hey guys, I have contacted them as they now have a website as well.
Why are you hung up on TVI? There are lots of "known" speaker vendors with local representation at any point on the cost vs. quality curve you want.

Kemper Watson

• http://www.theplaceholders.com
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 12:59:36 PM »

Vince Byrne wrote on Thu, 01 November 2007 11:24

Mike Constable wrote on Wed, 31 October 2007 17:14

Hey guys, I have contacted them as they now have a website as well.
Why are you hung up on TVI? There are lots of "known" speaker vendors with local representation at any point on the cost vs. quality curve you want.

Exactly. Why buy an unknown and untested product. I wouldn't buy this product until someone here has road tested them.
 How about it TVI. Set up a demo here. Let's hear these amazing speakers.. Cool

David Baker (TVI Audio)

• http://www.tviaudio.com
TVi Audio Reply
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 05:57:50 PM »

Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to inquire and discuss the TVi product line on this forum. Secondly, I would like to inform everyone that this reply is intended solely to provide more detailed information about TVi to all that are interested. In this reply, I will try my best to provide you with the most accurate information that I possibly can. I will also try to address some of the concerns that have been brought to our attention. Please know that we are a non-traditional company, we do things a little different than other companies. That being said, we highly value you and your opinions, and we are always open to positive feedback that can better our service and product line.

Our company…
We currently operate out of our main office in Anderson, IN and secondary office in South Bend, IN. We handle all of our warehousing and shipping in Chicago, IL, and are currently working on a new service location in Jacksonville, FL. We have been in business since 2003 and have hundreds of boxes on the market. Our users include: production companies, end users, and a national touring artist. We have just moved into line array systems within the past two years. We currently have compact systems installed in various places throughout the U.S and are more than happy to give our future customers as many user references as they need to feel comfortable with their purchase. We are also more than happy to give you physical locations where you can travel to hear our products. We are always available to answer any questions that you may have. If there are questions that we cannot answer for you, we will speak to our engineers to get you the information that you request.

Our products and pricing…
For those of you who are skeptical of the quality because of the price point.  We never have made the claim that our products are the best choice for everyone, nor have we claimed that they are better than Vertec or EAW. What we do claim is that we offer a great product for a great price and encourage you to make your own decision after testing them. Our boxes are constructed of Birchwood and the hardware is very strong and tested/rated. We also offer next business day shipping on all of our replacement components. Our goal at TVi is to “Under Charge and Over Deliver.” We are a smaller company that has less operation expense and deals directly with our customers, allowing us to offer a high quality product for a much lower price than many of our competitors. Again, do not take our word for it.
Please, if you are genuinely interested, talk to people who are using TVi products. We are happy to provide you with several user references. Also, the official launch of our new line array products will be 2008. After the first of the year, our customers can request to have one of our line array boxes sent to them to be tested before purchasing. This will be for any medium/large format box in our product line. We understand why you would want to test them before purchasing. It is a large investment for most people. We would like to offer full scale demos, but without major market share it is difficult to do this whenever there is an interested buyer. We should have reps in most states by mid 2008 where you can travel and hear an system in action if you would like.

E-bay comments…
For those of you who have expressed concern about our lack of feedback from eBay; eBay is the largest web marketing tool in the U.S and we take advantage of this in every way possible. Do we sell “Buy It Now” on eBay?  Not often.  Do we sell hundreds of boxes to satisfied customers that inquire to us directly? The answer is yes.  If we sell systems on eBay direct, that is a bonus. TVi actually tested this method by hiring a reputable eBay seller to advertise for us. It is fantastic advertisement tool and has worked very well. Is this our only form of advertisement? No. We use many other forms as well. If you are looking for feedback on our products, please contact us for user references.  You will not find much on eBay feedback.

SPL on our BT-Series…
This system is a fantastic system for “what it was designed for”. It is not designed to be used in large venues that require a lot of SPL. One complete cluster is not even 25 inches tall and weighs less than 120lbs set up. It has a built-in amplifier and DSP processor, making it an excellent choice for corporate events and smaller applications. The SPL rating is for one cluster…1/2 of a system. That is something that we did not specify on our website and listings. The clarity of this system in amazing and the 120 degree coverage is fantastic. It is surprisingly powerful for as small as it is. It is not ideal for every application, but great for other applications. Please contact me if you would like to talk to users. I can provide you with as many as you would like.

Thank you for your time,
We are sincerely here to serve our customers. We do not claim to have the best solution for every sound company, but if you are looking for an affordable line array system that sounds great, please contact us. We would love to have the opportunity to take care of you. If you have more questions or would like to give us positive feedback, please e-mail me direct Thank you.

David Baker
True Vision, Inc.
www.tviaudio.com
dave@tviaudio.com

E. Lee Dickinson

• http://www.leedickinson.com
Re: TVi Audio Reply
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »

David,

See the Road Test forum here on these boards. With one demo, you can get your product in front of thousands of live sound professionals. Ship a system out to one of the recognized road testers, they'll use it on a few appropriate gigs, and write a thoughtful and thorough review.

Road testers are even quite good at comparing apples to apples. If you say it's a small format corporate array, it will be reviewed as such.

If you say it is a budget system, it will be reviewed in terms of 'bang for your buck.'
E. Lee Dickinson
Advanced Visual Production Inc.
sound - lighting - video - design
www.avpric.com

Rick Stansby

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 11:03:37 PM »

Marsellus Fariss wrote on Mon, 03 September 2007 02:38

I noticed from his feedback that he hasn't sold a single one of them at least as far back as I could see.

These have been on ebay for a couple years, and there have been several threads on this forum about them.  But they keep changing their name, probably so people can't track them down. Rolling Eyes
Rick

David Baker (TVI Audio)

• http://www.tviaudio.com
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 01:01:45 AM »

Thank you for the information. I will look into this first thing Monday.

David

Jeff Babcock

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 01:50:29 PM »

I would love to see one of these "budget" line arrays go on Road Test to see how it holds up against more respected budget offerings such as JBL VRX or Peavey Versarray.  Not only sonically but how good the rigging actually is at the low pricepoint.

It's amazing how marketing has convinced so many that a line array is a superior solution for just about any audio need, when in fact I've heard more poorly deployed bad sounding line array systems than trap systems in my lifetime.  There is a lot more that you can screw up with a line array.  Box shading is a big one.  My hope is TVI and others making these budget offerings at least offer some really good support to make sure the product is deployed properly, because even IF the product is a good value, it still has the potential to really suck in the wrong hands.    

JAN M. WILLIAMS

• http://www.fcpsound.net
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »

Well, for anyone who may be interested.  I spoke with Brian from TVI.  For starters he answered all my questions and then provided me with 6 references.  I contacted three of them and spoke with them at length.  One of the references does everything from small scale to large scale events, the other two were end users- church installation .  All three have had positive experiences with the BT-600 units.  The user reviews were good enough that I will make it a point to go and hear this system in the next couple of months.

The reason for even considering this system is that the theater that I work with has a limited budget...Non-Profit.  If they had more resources I would go with Meyer....but they don't.
It's going to take a lot to impress me...I'm spoiled using Meyers for my road work however.....just as people have given me opportunities to prove myself, I am willing to at least try to evaluate their system.

Any-who....I'll post once I've had the chance to personally evaluate.

henry dabney

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 10:57:20 PM »

hello everyone:

i have been on this business for over 35 years, i started with sound when i was 12 years old and i am 49 today, i have seen and worked with most of the brands in the planet,,,you name them. i know Kenton from eaw personally as well as john Meyer and Pablo Espinoza from Meyer, celso papadopulus who started in eaw as the Latin America NO.1 guy and he is nexos no. 1 for Latin America today, an many others, you can call any of them and ask about me,,,please do. . i believe that progress is made by those who do things in a different way, and try to make a better solution by experience. price is not the answer to great sound, i have heard real bad sound with very expensive equipment, and good sound with home made cabinets to. i used jbl, RFC, b&c, mc cauley, altec, selenium, ev,pv,turbo-sound, beyma, klipsh, and many others. for your reference i have a system of xrt 22 McIntosh with 2 mc 2600, 2 mc 2125 in my living room today.
i own a company in Houston, Mexico city, Cancun, los cabos and Monterrey Mexico,,,www.audiosystem.com.mx, www.audiosystems.com.mx, www.dbstv.com, I'm an a/v supplier's supplier, with lots of experience in live shows, more than 4000 in my back.
Meyer is a great for those who want to get an integral solution and have the money to do so, (i am not trying to say it doesn't work, but if we have the option to modify some of their paths we could have a better sounding and more reliable Meyer).
it is also great if you have a company that rents sound based on "how many cabinets you want per side" and try to do the job with double of what they really need, understanding that double the cabs translates to a 3db increase, and double $$$$ (for this kind of companies i strongly recommend Meyer).

audio is very new, only 50 years of age and only 25 of real progress. i support everyone who is doing or trying different ways and better prices to, but loving audio as much as i do.

the line array concept was originally developed by dr. Christian heill on the 70s and the first cabinets with this concept where created by McIntosh xrt22, the first company to use them in live shows was L-acoustics with v-dosc and then every other company followed today i must ask you to see and listen K-ARRAY that has the most resent and progressive design on the planet, you can see it on you tube and on www.k-array.com

so after all, the guys from tvi are to my point of view a possible great deal that after the ces convention in las Vegas this Jan 08 i will stop and see.

when i had heard their systems i will let you know what i think   lets give them a chance, they have earned don't you think?

my phone in us is 909 758 7475, in Mexico is 52 998 914 0028, my e mail is henrydabney@hotmail.com and cancun@dbstv.com
if you want to see how i look go to dbstv.com go partners, filter mexico and find me under (dabney sound & stage)
at dbstv we have offices in 30 countries around the globe

have a nice day

henry dabney

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
Re: Anyone here (sic) of TVI Audio line arrays?
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 02:04:35 AM »

?? Not sure what you are getting at? Are you attempting to establish your bona fides for a future review?

If so, I look forward to it.

Dr/Mr Heil certainly put theory to successful commercial practice, but the concepts, by his own admission, predated his birth.

As far as TVI having "earned a chance?" I suppose they, like any commercial enterprise, deserves a chance. I've gambled on "unknowns" before to successful conclusions.

But I will caution you that putting anyone up as a shill usually detracts from an emerging company's credibility.
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.