ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The NEW Pioneer DJM 900  (Read 11018 times)

Marlow Wilson

• Ottawa/Montreal CAN
Re: The NEW Pioneer DJM 900
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 05:21:41 PM »

Anyone had a play yet ? With a list price of just over £1200 i think we're be waiting lol

We used a couple at Starscape.  There are no output attenuators which really sucked given what we had available to pad the FOH inputs (which thanks to the talent were being driven hard).  I'm not sure if they've moved the attenuator to the software level, but those output pads on the DJM 800 were a nice feature for production work.  For installs I can understand having them locked out is preferable.

FWIW, the only reason we had them is that they are beginning to show up on riders.  Of the 30 odd DJ's playing only one insisted on it though.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:24:00 PM by Marlow Wilson »

Alexander Bustos

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »

Can you comment some more on this?

I am thinking about getting one for rentals and would like to know more.

Thanks,

i heard that if you plug in certain headphones , ( i think it has to do somewhat with the ohm value ) the unit just freezes , i don´t own one or have been on one , but i did hear this issue

Pascal.Pincosy

• SR Forums
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »

We used a couple at Starscape.  There are no output attenuators which really sucked given what we had available to pad the FOH inputs (which thanks to the talent were being driven hard).  I'm not sure if they've moved the attenuator to the software level, but those output pads on the DJM 800 were a nice feature for production work.  For installs I can understand having them locked out is preferable.

FWIW, the only reason we had them is that they are beginning to show up on riders.  Of the 30 odd DJ's playing only one insisted on it though.
The output attenuation is indeed set in software in [Club Setup] mode. You can also adjust the talkover functionality, standby mode, fader start, and most importantly, mic output to booth. One of my greatest annoyances with the DJM-800 was that the mic would output over the booth outs, guaranteeing feedback were one to MC on the mic while sound was coming through the booth outs. The poor DJ's could never figure it out on their own and were reduced to doing talkovers hiding under the DJ booth or until a sound tech came to their rescue and turned down the booth outs...

Michael Storey

• San Jose, CA
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 05:14:05 AM »

The output attenuation is indeed set in software in [Club Setup] mode. You can also adjust the talkover functionality, standby mode, fader start, and most importantly, mic output to booth. One of my greatest annoyances with the DJM-800 was that the mic would output over the booth outs, guaranteeing feedback were one to MC on the mic while sound was coming through the booth outs. The poor DJ's could never figure it out on their own and were reduced to doing talkovers hiding under the DJ booth or until a sound tech came to their rescue and turned down the booth outs...

The DJM 800 actually does have a switch that cuts the mic output to booth, back of the mixer by the TRS booth outs.

Josh Billings

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 06:55:05 AM »

This mixer is quite good I must say. The addition of the "On Air" mode where the jog wheels on the CDJ-2ks turn red when the fader is up is genius. Also the sound quality of the reverb is phenomenal and it will go on for a VERY long time if you have it up at 100%. The noise is a great little effect as well especially when combined with the reverb :)

Worth every dime if you're a DJM-800 person you'll LOVE the 900.

P.S. The DJM-2000 seems like a waste of space to me, hope they don't get on a lot of riders.

Josh

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 06:55:05 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.