ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording Congregation for Radio  (Read 3659 times)

glasgowsoundman

• http://www.destiny-church.com
Recording Congregation for Radio
« on: January 13, 2005, 05:14:23 PM »

Hi, I'm one of the live sound and recording engineers at my church in Glasgow, Scotand. I've been told by our technical director that a short-term radio station is wanting to record our service (praise & worship and the sermon) for broadcast. The sermon is no problem, we do that every week on to minidisc, CD & tape. My concern is the praise & worship.

I have a small 12 channel (4 mono + 4 stereo) desk that is used for recording. We normally have the 4 mono channels as Hand-held radio mic (XLR), Lapel radio mic (XLR), Live desk L (Jack), Live desk R (Jack).

I have two AKG C1000 mics available for micing the congregation which will obviously pick up the FoH sound as well. I plan on putting these near the front of the congregation as this would put them slightly behind our delay speakers and should hopefully get a reasonable congregation sound. If I was to put them further back I think I would lose too much congregation sound.

My intention for the first trial recording, this weekend, is to shift the Live desk inputs on the recording desk to a stereo channel and use two mono channels for the AKG's. For each song I was planning to vary the mix on the recording between the AKG's and the live desk. I know that there would be a slight time delay between the live feed and the AKG's but I need to hear how bad that is.

Any suggestions as to how I could improve on this scenario? If it really doesn't work then I think we could ask the radio station to come and record the praise & worship for us but I think they would do something similar to me though might not have the live desk feed. I think I have another couple of weekends following this one to play around with the setup.

All suggestions appreciated.
Duncan Hutchison
Technical Team Deputy Leader
Sound & Recording Engineer
Destiny Church Glasgow
1120 Pollokshaws Road
Glasgow
G41 3QP
Scotland
UK
www.destiny-church.com

ProSoundWeb Community

Recording Congregation for Radio
« on: January 13, 2005, 05:14:23 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.