ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: On "Power experts needed"  (Read 23568 times)

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
Re: On Credibility
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 06:42:15 PM »

Hm... This could be fun.

Ok Mr. Electric,  Name 3 things wrong/broken with this panel, and tell me what kind of panel it is: Smile

index.php/fa/10611/0/

Evan
Not all change is good change.

dave stojan

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »

The road to ruin is paved with good intentions.

Remember, no good deed ever goes unpunished.

Play dead - it's your only hope (if Peter Boyle never used that line in "Everybody Loves Raymond" he should have).
Vote Quimby

chris haywood

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 06:47:41 PM »

Quote:

Okay. Here's the test:

- When you use your illegal adapter to parallel two 20A circuits, does the venue pay the fine, or do you?
- When a fire results due to an overloaded neutral, does everyone make it out?
- When you find you are unzipped in a public forum do you get quiet and say "oops" or do you wave it around?

Peace,
Vince

First of all, when making such arrangements, everything on the circuit must be figured into the equasion... 2nd, fire? this comes from uniformed information not specified, for example, how would a fire result? dont have a clue? thats ok, good try though, I give you a C+ Good job...

My most recent db calculations confirms that a 12db gain is the result while sitting on a chair to produce maximum db output to fart with a slight lean to the left or right... I have confirmed these findings to be accurate...

chris haywood

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 06:48:33 PM »

Dave ol buddy, thanks for your kind consideration, but Im having too much fun here...
My most recent db calculations confirms that a 12db gain is the result while sitting on a chair to produce maximum db output to fart with a slight lean to the left or right... I have confirmed these findings to be accurate...

dave stojan

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 06:54:04 PM »

Oops! I thought you were the guy that suggested a 30amp to 20 amp adapter! I see I missed YOUR posts. From what's left of them I can see where you were coming from (somewhat) but hoo-boy, NEVER try to learn somebody something like that over the keyboard!

Good luck. One last bit of advice (which I intend to observe):
When you're in a hole, stop digging!

Shovel be gone thou foul beast!  Shocked
Vote Quimby

Evan Kirkendall

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 06:56:01 PM »

dave stojan wrote on Mon, 06 August 2007 18:54

Oops! I thought you were the guy that suggested a 30amp to 20 amp adapter! I see I missed YOUR posts. From what's left of them I can see where you were coming from (somewhat) but hoo-boy, NEVER try to learn somebody something like that over the keyboard!

Good luck. One last bit of advice (which I intend to observe):
When you're in a hole, stop digging!

Shovel be gone thou foul beast!  Shocked

No, he suggested to build a 30 amp to dual 20 amp adapter, even dumber...

Looks like our resident house electrical guy couldnt find the answers on google for my question. Laughing

Evan

chris haywood

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 07:02:52 PM »

Evan ol buddy! I knew you wouldnt be late.... ok lets look at your melt down... unfortunately I am limited to a full diagnosis from a picture... Now im good, but not that good, so i will point out the obvious...

first of all, from the looks of the pic,  Rolling Eyes  loose connections to a sub panel or similar melted down.... Loose connections are most likely because the burn out is in one area, but loose connections are only the most likely, without being there, its a whole different story...

No company will ever attempt diagnosis from a picture, lets be real here...

but I say, good questions Evan gets D+  Very Happy

Quote:

No, he suggested to build a 30 amp to dual 20 amp adapter, even dumber...

Since we have a judgement call here, what exactly do you mean? and what did I mean? since 'dumber' is used, what are the technical details behind 'dumber'?

try to be educational in your response please... its ok if you cant answer, I understand

Evan Kirkendall

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 07:11:26 PM »

chris haywood wrote on Mon, 06 August 2007 19:02

Evan ol buddy! I knew you wouldnt be late.... ok lets look at your melt down... unfortunately I am limited to a full diagnosis from a picture... Now im good, but not that good, so i will point out the obvious...

first of all, from the looks of the pic,  Rolling Eyes  loose connections to a sub panel or similar melted down.... Loose connections are most likely because the burn out is in one area, but loose connections are only the most likely, without being there, its a whole different story...

No company will ever attempt diagnosis from a picture, lets be real here...

but I say, good questions Evan gets D+  Very Happy

Sadly, you get an E. Wink

No sub panel being fed from this guy. Someone physically torched the buss bars, burning the panel and melting some breakers.

But you knew that. Razz

Ill let someone else waste their time with you...

Evan

Vince Byrne

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 07:16:19 PM »

chris haywood wrote on Mon, 06 August 2007 18:02

Since we have a judgement call here, what exactly do you mean? and what did I mean? since 'dumber' is used, what are the technical details behind 'dumber'?

Illegal.
Unsafe.
Dumberer, even.

chris haywood

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 07:17:31 PM »

Quote:

No sub panel being fed from this guy. Someone physically torched the buss bars, burning the panel and melting some breakers.

come on Evan ol buddy, you are better than that cheap shot... I said "most likely" and "without being there, its a whole different story"

Im covered, So I correct your grade, and change it back to an A+

good try though
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.