ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: On "Power experts needed"  (Read 23571 times)

Steve Oldridge

Re: On "Power experts needed"
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »

I admit that I read the ENTIRE THREAD !!!  Embarassed

Why... I just had to find out the ENDING !!  It's like a soap opera  

FWIW - trolls can't, if you don't reply.

-Steve

I'll 2nd Evans approach.

chris haywood

Re: On Credibility
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2007, 04:54:30 PM »

Jason Lavoie wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 07:45

I just have to say that IF you ARE as electrically knowledgeable and experienced as you claim to be, then scrounging up a few feet of cable and wiring in a temporary (properly sized) outlet should be faster, easier, and cheaper than doing what you're proposing..

without having to go into what is safe or legal. 9 times out of 10, the easiest way also turns out to be the safest.

Jason

This is exactly correct, I run a wire right out of the breaker box with a stolen breaker, sshhhhh.. this may be a new can of worms...
but in some cases, the breaker panel is no where near where it needs to be...

Mr Jason gets a B+ good job

I am still attempting to answer each post individually, and I need to go back a little further... for now back to work and then I come back and do some more...

and the pm's list may not be able to be addressed until tomorrow from the looks of things... there is a load of posts, each one of importance, as long as there is at least a slight amount of relevance... Notice all of the "stop contributing to this post" messages, I guess some of the pm's are demanding a more prompt response, but get put to the bottom with each new post...

thanks!
My most recent db calculations confirms that a 12db gain is the result while sitting on a chair to produce maximum db output to fart with a slight lean to the left or right... I have confirmed these findings to be accurate...

Chris Lund

« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2007, 05:04:43 PM »

In the immortal words of a famous rock band..
"in the end, it doesn't even matter.."

Reading this thread got me nowhere closer to any substantial knowledge I can store away for later, other than this...

$100 for a licensed electrician to come in, and install some sort of "audio professionals only" access panel, possibly with either cam-locs or locking nemas.
That $100 can possibly save you millions in wrongful death suites and loss of property.
I would think that this also might help "lock you in" for future gigs at that location if the owner knew that you went through the extra trouble to protect his establishment. He might even insist that you be the only sound co. that is allowed to run in there...

Just a thought...

Like insurance... legislate to make it mandatory, and you will make more money as an insurance company...

Howver, I did enjoy the banter...

Nathan Vanderslice

Re: DO NOT FEED THE TROLL
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2007, 05:18:40 PM »

Chris Wrote:
Quote:

If Ruger makes a gun, and it is used to kill someone, who's fault is it?
The gun manufacturer?

Not quite Chris. Okay, someone goes out and buys a luger, and then goes to a supposedly qualified professional who either isn't really qualified, or doesn't teach them the proper and commonly accepted practices. As a result of that, the gun owner hurts or kills himself or someone else. Now who is responsible?

The point here is that you shouldn't advise anyone on this forum to do anything that you wouldn't sign off on if you were on site. If an electrical inspector passes on a job that is clearly not to code, they are then liable for any injuries, or damages that are a result of faulty wiring that he approved. Likewise when a group comes into a venue to run a production, and taps into a major panel or sub-panel, it is in their interest to do it entirely to code. If they do it wrong and something happens as a result of that, they're the ones with their heads on the chopping block.

Once again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't advise people with methods that are not of standard/legal practice. If you want to work this way, that's your choice, but don't give bad advice that could injure or kill someone.

chris haywood

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2007, 05:48:15 PM »

Eric Simna wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 00:13

chris haywood wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 00:58

I will put up, but just a little more time first, as we can see, no one has been able to prove me wrong, doesnt that alone speak anything?

I also laid out the qualifications to attempt such a concept...
so if someone knows whats going on, they will say, why didnt i think of that, and if they dont, then they shouldnt try it at all...

Talk means NOTHING.  If someone comes up to you in street clothes and tells you "I'm a cop, you have the right to remain silent..."  are you going to believe him before he shows his badge?

Is the theory sound?  I can't say yes or no.  Is it safe to be using when there are other variables around (aka, other people), HELL NO.  Please stop giving advice that if followed is VERY POSSIBLY A KILLER.  

My guess, you are a punk 18yr old who has been doing this in his high school theatre for 4 years and thinks he can run laps around the big dogs.  When you get maced for being too rambunctious I hope you cry for a long time.  Am I a big dog?  Nope, far from it.  But I do know when to show the respect they deserve.  You apparently need to learn that.

Also, since you don't have it listed in your profile.  How old are you?  And where are you located?  It would be a great bit of information for all of us on the LAB that want to make sure our gigs are not compromised by your unsafe practice.

another one of these? the manufacturer of the gun killed a person, not the person who made the choice to shoot someone?  Rolling Eyes

big dogs? I call it like it is, If a big doggy wants to play and bark a big bark, then the big doggy gets strung up and hung by his own leash...

It appears part of the problem is 'respect that they deserve'
Its one thing when one deserves respect, and another when it is demanded, as you have suggested...

if I respect an individual, that is because they have earned it... I always start with giving the benefit of the doubt, first I give respect to all, and if its less than that, then its because it has been shown as unworthy placement for respect.. My respect doesnt come cheap, If i respect you, then you are a respectable individual, if I dont, then there is a reason for it, because I am a reasonable individual....

Of course there will be people saying I am not reasonable, but before this is done, say how...

this way, I am not having to attempt to reason with unreason ability... for example, emotional reactions for the most part do not contain reason, this is a big part of our little problem....

remember, we are talking about electrical, if we want education on things like reasonability, understanding, and things like that, I am sure we can change course, after all, we are just hanging out in the lounge...
My most recent db calculations confirms that a 12db gain is the result while sitting on a chair to produce maximum db output to fart with a slight lean to the left or right... I have confirmed these findings to be accurate...

chris haywood

« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2007, 05:53:48 PM »

Quote:

Perhaps you could enlighten me with a picture or photo of your device so I can understand it fully. What I have understood so far just sounds downright dangerous. Now if I'm someone who knows what they are doing, imagine the crazy ideas that you are putting into the heads of people that don't.
Please explain it throughly and properly and safely, or don't explain it at all.

Part of the qualifications are that, if this cant be understood, then this should not be done... If I draw it, I am only making things worse by making it easier for the clueless...

Why would you suggest me to do something everyone is complaining about....

remember, the manufacturer of the gun doesnt shoot people, people shoot people....

chris haywood

« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2007, 05:56:15 PM »

Joe Larsen wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 01:01

The context is different, but the principle is the same.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319l.jpg

This is really educational, not one thing about the topic itself, just whining again.... is this the technical depth of this post?

chris haywood

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2007, 05:58:33 PM »

Mark Dawson wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 04:46

So I've been watching this thread and posting the odd comment.  All the educated, experienced and mature posters on this forum have all given the same answer.   Nice work guys, as every good point has been raised.   Lets all do a show together sometime it would be a very cruisy day.

here we go again, a position taken by observing majority, rather than knowledge... the preschool effect in action... No knowledge present once again...

chris haywood

« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2007, 06:02:52 PM »

Scott Smith wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 06:41

Do you still hear a "gnat" buzzing around here?  You know what they say about arguing with a fool..  Cool

Scott ol buddy ol pal!
Yes I know, thanks for reminding me...
here is the full saying...
when attempting to communicate wisdom or knowledge to a fool, all you get is complaining and wise cracks, but give the information to a wise man, and he will appreciate you....

Well mr scott, I say today you get an A....  good job!

Eric Simna

• http://eric.simnaweb.com
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2007, 06:08:04 PM »

You continue to disregard the one request that has been made of you repeatedly.  Show us your qualifications.  You license number, where you went to school, where you live.  We simply now just want to protect ourselves from you.  Period.  

PUT UP OR SHUT UP
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.