ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: On "Power experts needed"  (Read 23269 times)

Nathan Vanderslice

On "Power experts needed"
« on: August 06, 2007, 05:12:31 PM »

Moderator, PLEASE post.

To Michael Rogers, and anyone else interested. Don't try to tamper with house wiring to attempt to make a 20 amp circuit capable of pulling a possible 30 amps. It's crazy and dangerous The method that Chris Heywood may possibly work but I'm fairly sure that it's not legal. Remember that the fuses/breakers are not only to protect the equipment, but the wiring in the wall. This idea of Chris's could result in a very large but brief current surge that could start a fire in a wall. Michael, I would strongly suggest for your safety that you construct an adapter that includes a 20 amp breaker or fuse at that point. Remember, any "jury rigged" wiring that is not withing code, can void your insurance should there be a fire, and it's shown to be the cause of it. By putting a fuse/breaker in the adapter, you assure that unless it fails, you can have peace of mind that the building's wiring won't overheat. It's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

chris haywood

Re: On "Power experts needed"
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 05:33:46 PM »

I may not know everything yet about speaker dispersion, (working on it) but thats not the case with electrical, and based on the level of electrical knowledge present, I would now have to also advise against my previous suggestion, and it should only be used by knowledgeable individuals with electrical such as myself.... want an electrical spanking?  Very Happy
My most recent db calculations confirms that a 12db gain is the result while sitting on a chair to produce maximum db output to fart with a slight lean to the left or right... I have confirmed these findings to be accurate...

Scott Smith

Re: On "Power experts needed"
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 05:40:36 PM »

chris haywood wrote on Mon, 06 August 2007 17:33

...it should only be used by knowledgeable individuals with electrical such as myself...

Here we go again!   Shocked
"Percussive Maintenance" - Bang on it until it works!
Scott Smith, South Florida - MIXING OLD SCHOOL WITH NEW

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
On Credibility
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 05:44:13 PM »

Your credibility is very low to begin with, I don't know how many more of these posts it can stand.

Mac

chris haywood

Re: On Credibility
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 05:56:21 PM »

LETS HAVE A TEST    Shocked  
Unlike others who make statements and then run without providing any technical information as to how they come to conclusions, or make recommendations, I am prepared to answer electrical questions to give all more insight.. and then we can all make an INFORMED judgment call on credibility... Just the way I like it, informed.

In the field of electrical, I make the credibility calls  Shocked  Very Happy  Cool
My most recent db calculations confirms that a 12db gain is the result while sitting on a chair to produce maximum db output to fart with a slight lean to the left or right... I have confirmed these findings to be accurate...

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 06:19:35 PM »

Chris-

I'd thank you kindly to have nothing to do with the electricity in any venue, dwelling, or building I'm in.

Really, you've stuck your foot in a bodily orifice or two already.  Don't up the count.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

David Buckley

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 06:24:40 PM »

chris haywood wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 09:56

In the field of electrical, I make the credibility calls

This should be funny.....

And just out of curiosity, since the original post appears to have been vaped, you didn't suggest slapping a 30A breaker on a domestic 20A circuit, did you...?

chris haywood

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 06:26:25 PM »

Quote:

Really, you've stuck your foot in a bodily orifice or two already. Don't up the count.

Just where exactly did this event take place?

Is that a statement derived from an educated perspective? if so, what are the technical details?

Is that only because I turned and retracted my suggestion based on the excitement level?
What can I say, I thought I was talking to electrically informed individuals, guess not... Is that a foot in the mouth, or an act of kindness and consideration?

ease up on the romper room comments, if you cant back up your comments or wise cracks, then prepare to get SPANKED!

chris haywood

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 06:28:22 PM »

NAY, 20 amp circuits consist of 12 awg wiring, which carries 20 amps of current, to slap a 30 amp breaker would over heat 20 amp wire, and in the condition of say 26 amps, that could cause a fire... I would never recommend that.... Thanks, good question...

I will just go ahead and give myself an A+
anymore?

Vince Byrne

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 06:41:19 PM »

chris haywood wrote on Mon, 06 August 2007 16:56

LETS HAVE A TEST    Shocked  
Unlike others who make statements and then run without providing any technical information as to how they come to conclusions, or make recommendations, I am prepared to answer electrical questions to give all more insight.. and then we can all make an INFORMED judgment call on credibility... Just the way I like it, informed.

In the field of electrical, I make the credibility calls  Shocked  Very Happy  Cool

Okay. Here's the test:

- When you use your illegal adapter to parallel two 20A circuits, does the venue pay the fine, or do you?
- When a fire results due to an overloaded neutral, does everyone make it out?
- When you find you are unzipped in a public forum do you get quiet and say "oops" or do you wave it around?

You really don't need to answer, your credibility is firmly understood.

Peace,
Vince
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.