ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quaking Kiwis...  (Read 3447 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Quaking Kiwis...
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:49:32 PM »

I hope all our friends in New Zealand have made it through this disaster and that their families and friends are safe and accounted for.

My thoughts are with you all.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rory Maguire

• London, UK
Re: Quaking Kiwis...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 05:37:02 PM »

Thanks for your thoughts.

Though I'm up in Auckland, I do have family who live down there, however luckily they were all out of the country at the time of the Quake!!

It's still and awful event, and it really puts things in perspective!

Chris Tate

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 07:23:02 PM »

Yep it's pretty bad:(

I'm up in Auckland, we've managed to get confirmation that our friends from The SoundPeople, Redd/Bounce, Hang Up entertainment are OK. Although the poor old SoundPeople Warehouse couldn't be more than 100 metres away from the collapsed CTV building and I still have only heard they are OK second hand.

If you're reading this Murray, Mike and crew we are thinking about you and anything we can do do help, just ask.

I consider myself pretty lucky at this point as I was doing a show in Chistchurch on Sunday and flew out 24 hours before the quake struck.

We were also due to put a QOTSA gig into the Christchurch Town Hall the day after the quake......not any more.....

We are all thinking of you guys down there. You know we will do anything it takes to help you all out. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:25:18 PM by Chris Tate »

Scott Raymond

• Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 02:20:47 AM »

FWIW, Phil Keoghan's (The Amazing Race) parents live just SW of Christchurch and have a B & B as well.  I thought of them when I saw the news as I briefly met John when I was providing sound for Phil's bike ride across America when they passed through here.(NE) Good folks!  And "Wheels" who used to post here might of worked down in that area some though he originally lived in Blenheim.

I pray the weather and aftershocks will cooperate and not hinder the cleanup efforts.

Scott

andy craig

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:53:28 AM »

Yep it's pretty bad:(

I'm up in Auckland, we've managed to get confirmation that our friends from The SoundPeople, Redd/Bounce, Hang Up entertainment are OK. Although the poor old SoundPeople Warehouse couldn't be more than 100 metres away from the collapsed CTV building and I still have only heard they are OK second hand.

If you're reading this Murray, Mike and crew we are thinking about you and anything we can do do help, just ask.

I consider myself pretty lucky at this point as I was doing a show in Chistchurch on Sunday and flew out 24 hours before the quake struck.

We were also due to put a QOTSA gig into the Christchurch Town Hall the day after the quake......not any more.....

We are all thinking of you guys down there. You know we will do anything it takes to help you all out.

Murray from Soundpeople said that the money they spent on strengthening their building saved the building in the September quake, then saved their lives last week.
They're all OK, but can't get in to their building to get their kit out.
Strange times.

Chur,
Andy

Chris Tate

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 06:07:04 AM »

Murray from Soundpeople said that the money they spent on strengthening their building saved the building in the September quake, then saved their lives last week.
They're all OK, but can't get in to their building to get their kit out.
Strange times.

Chur,
Andy

Yes, strange times!!

Poor old Angus Davidson actually stayed down another day and was at the Bounce warehouse giving a Digidesign training session when the quake hit. Lost all his luggage as it was still in the hotel....... but otherwise OK.

From what I've heard, the Sound peeps gear is all OK but it might be a couple of weeks before they can get it out.

Again..... ANYTHING we can do to help.....

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 01:09:11 PM »

The CBD is totally trashed but at least they are cracking down hard on the few looters that have tried it on.
The Army have LAV's stationed at check points around the inner cordons and at least 2-3 persons (Police and Army staff) at every intersection.
On Friday at the briefings there were USAR teams that I could see from The Red Cross, USA, UK, Japan, Mexico, Australia and China (plus others that I could not identify) and they.
 are doing a great job.

All the best to everyone and hope to see you out there again soon.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 01:09:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.