ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosound Shootout 2007  (Read 49310 times)

Al Limberg

Re: Prosound Shootout 2007
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2007, 10:36:45 PM »

Hey Wayne,  Just to clear things up I spoke to Too Tall today.  The impulse tests were performed on both a single and all four of my LABs (yeah  those were mine) but the distortion tests were run on a single cabinet since we didn't have multiples of some of them and it only seemed fair to test one against one.

?;o)
Al
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely

Grant Rider

Re: Topsy the Elephant
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2007, 11:00:51 PM »

I missed Tom's explaination why the labsub generates the same amount of distortion at only 25 watts that a 12pi makes at 1600 watts. If not push/pull, then why?

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Topsy the Elephant
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2007, 11:05:56 PM »

Grant Rider wrote on Tue, 06 November 2007 23:00

I missed Tom's explaination why the labsub generates the same amount of distortion at only 25 watts that a 12pi makes at 1600 watts. If not push/pull, then why?
I must have missed something too. I didn't realize that was the only difference between the two speakers. I know we all understand that you can't define what causes distortion unless you change only one variable at a time.

I know everyone is tired of this discussion, feel free to continue it via e-mail.

Mac
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.