ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Technical architect?  (Read 1428 times)

Woody Nuss

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 210
Technical architect?
« on: July 20, 2007, 11:19:45 pm »


I am involved with a new live event venue being built in Los Angeles. It will be an 1100 seat nightclub/restaurant/concert venue. The owner has asked me to help find a firm to design and plan our technical blueprints. He has an architect for the project, but wants a specialist to oversee the AV routing needs. They plan for live concerts to be linked to an in-house broadcast studio and closed circuit monitors. They are not looking for install vendors or sound companies now, just a proper architectural firm.
Please send replies to

Brad Weber

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2477
Re: Technical architect?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 08:34:12 am »

Since you already have an Architect, it sounds like what you really need is a Consultant, not another Architectural firm.  The Consultant would work as part of the design team along with the Architect, Electrical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Interior Designer, etc.  They typically would be contracted either to the Architect or, preferably in this type of venue, directly to the Owner.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.