ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fergielicious  (Read 29877 times)

John Roberts {JR}

Re: Fergielicious
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2007, 03:06:28 PM »

In case you're serious, that premise is IMO pretty thin, and surely limited well short of  posting such work proofs to the Internet...

JR  

https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Dave Stevens

« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2007, 07:29:33 PM »

@ AB...

You Mike, I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.  It's got nothing to do with record labels and everything to do with artist management and PR firms.  Particularly this days, the label's involvement in the photos is usually limited to what's actually going on the cover art.  I'm not saying what I think should happen, or what someone that knows someone told me, I speak from doing this very thing, first hand, for a long, long time.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

Dave Stevens

« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2007, 07:32:52 PM »

@ Tim P.

That interpretation of copyright is so not right it's not even wrong.  One NEVER has permission to record someone at the gig unless they are granted it.  Some acts don't care, some encourage it and some look the other way while others are more militant about it.  Either way, unless they OK it in some way you don't have carte blanche to record at will.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

Bob Leonard

« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2007, 10:30:25 AM »

I read through this thread and can't help but remember high school and all the assinine he said she said bullshit of that time.

Every one of us has our day when we do, say, state, infer or even think the wrong thing. what surprises me is the amount of talent wasted pounding the living shit out of Ryan, and then arguing about how best to pound him.

Maybe he wasn't all right, but he wasn't all wrong either. Maybe his initial explanation and wasn't as accurate as it should have been. Perhaps the initial post was a bit over zelous in it's description. Maybe some advice would have been more constructive than a beating. I've seen worse from every person who has responded, myself included. Please put your talents back to answering stupid questions from old guys like myself, end the infighting, kiss and make up.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2007, 01:57:47 PM »

Bob Leonard wrote on Sun, 29 July 2007 10:30

Please put your talents back to answering stupid questions from old guys like myself, end the infighting, kiss and make up.

Ewwwwwww. Razz

How about, shake hands and forget this topic ever happened?

How did that old War song go...
"Why cant we be friends,
why cant we be friends"

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Ryan Lantzy

• http://www.lhsoundandlight.com
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2007, 03:03:52 PM »

what surprises me is the amount of talent wasted pounding the living shit out of Ryan, and then arguing about how best to pound him.

Maybe he wasn't all right, but he wasn't all wrong either. Maybe his initial explanation and wasn't as accurate as it should have been. Perhaps the initial post was a bit over zelous in it's description. Maybe some advice would have been more constructive than a beating. I've seen worse from every person who has responded, myself included. Please put your talents back to answering stupid questions from old guys like myself, end the infighting, kiss and make up.

First, it's not about beating each other over the head about the subject.  

Anyone coming into these forums spouting mis-information will get shot down as just as quickly as RLJ.  It would have been the same deal for someone who said something like, "gain structure doesn't matter."  Or, "you don't need a 5 to 1 safety factor with rigging equipment."

The point is, part of the purpose of these forums is to share knowledge.  As can be seen by what Dave has had to say on the matter, RLJ's opinion on who should be allowed to take photographs of people on the stage... and consequently what should happen to the monitors if they don't get their way, IS NOT "knowledge."  It's ignorance and mis-information.

Everyone always thinks they are an expert on everything.  The benefit is that here, you actually have experts on this stuff.  The longer you stay here, the more you can, as JR always says "separate the wheat from the chaff."
Ryan Lantzy
"In the beginner's mind the possibilities are many, in the expert's mind they are few."

Bob Leonard

« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2007, 07:16:47 PM »

Ryan Lantzy wrote on Sun, 29 July 2007 15:03

what surprises me is the amount of talent wasted pounding the living shit out of Ryan, and then arguing about how best to pound him.

First, it's not about beating each other over the head about the subject.  

Anyone coming into these forums spouting mis-information will get shot down as just as quickly as RLJ.  It would have been the same deal for someone who said something like, "gain structure doesn't matter."  Or, "you don't need a 5 to 1 safety factor with rigging equipment."

The point is, part of the purpose of these forums is to share knowledge.  As can be seen by what Dave has had to say on the matter, RLJ's opinion on who should be allowed to take photographs of people on the stage... and consequently what should happen to the monitors if they don't get their way, IS NOT "knowledge."  It's ignorance and mis-information.

Everyone always thinks they are an expert on everything.  The benefit is that here, you actually have experts on this stuff.  The longer you stay here, the more you can, as JR always says "separate the wheat from the chaff."

Lantzy,
Don't patronize me. I know damn well what it's all about and far be it from you to preach to me. I'm well aware there are experts here, each in their own area, mine in my own, you in yours. NO ONE is an expert at everything and that is the point. It has nothing to do with separating the wheat from the chaff. Ridicule is not a form of guidance. It's not helpful and serves only to boost the ego of insecure persons of lesser knowledge. I am not pointing fingers and I name no name. People can be their own judge and jury. This is not a "Timmy" and there is more than one way to approach or rebuff a mistaken individual.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2007, 07:59:13 PM »

Personally I have great respect for the vast majority of you and I can't see why a civil and respectful tone can't be maintained. Regardless of right and wrong there's nothing good coming from this topic.

So, who here has the balls to drop it and just walk away?

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »

Patrick Tracy wrote on Sun, 29 July 2007 19:59

Personally I have great respect for the vast majority of you and I can't see why a civil and respectful tone can't be maintained. Regardless of right and wrong there's nothing good coming from this topic.

So, who here has the balls to drop it and just walk away?
I do.

Mac
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.