ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stereo Recording of auxes  (Read 1432 times)

Zach Brady

Stereo Recording of auxes
« on: December 12, 2004, 04:15:46 pm »

Hi there everyone this is zach
I was just wondering if anyone could help me out here.
I run FOH for a traveling worship band mostly local chruhces they play @ but anyways i am running them on the mackie 32.4
VLZ pro,with 6 aux sends i am using aux 1&2 for my stage wedges,
3 for my powered subs and 4 for fx. Now to my question this band consists of drums bass two guitarist and vocals. I have been recording them just for them to improve and sit down with the tracks and go through them and rehearse timings and things. So i am running Adobe Audtion on my pc being fed by aux 5. I started using auxes 5 and 6 5 for left 6 for rigght so i could do some light panning with them coincinding with thir stage postion to give it a better stereo image,well i have a relatively decent pan setup and i am panning an accoustic drum kit as well which is to give it more life . So any advice on how i would make theses aux fed recordings sound better and how panning  and monitoring this mix right for live application.
So some help would be greatly appreciated
thanks,
Zach

Kurt

Re: Stereo Recording of auxes
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 04:29:30 pm »

Well since you will be at FOH it looks like headphones would work best because you have the house mix comming at you also. For mixing it you have to get into studio mode. Just try to make everything to sound natural.

andrew gissing

• http://www.stylusra.com.au
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 07:17:45 pm »

You'll want to do monitoring from the notebook - 'cause if you solo aux 5, then aux 6.. you're going to get dual mono.

The other thing to bear in mind is anything you've got turned down on the desk 'cause of off stage volume (marshall stacks and snare drums come to mind) will probably want to go up a little in your auxes.

'Cause of course what you're hearing at FOH is both PA & off stage whereas your recording is only electronic signals from the desk.

But the best way I think to get better is to know what your FOH was sounding like and review the recording the day after and see how close it was. Make a note of what needs to be different and attempt to fix it next time. Repeat !

andrew

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 07:17:45 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.