ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey Versarray  (Read 208241 times)

Thomas R. Pullen

Re: Peavey Versarray
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2007, 04:40:50 PM »

You gonna have anything to hear at Summer NAMM Don?
Thomas R. Pullen

Don Boomer

« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2007, 11:48:50 PM »

Nothing to "hear" as we don't have a demo room.  There will be an addition to the Versarray line ... hummmmm?
Don Boomer
Wireless Sales Engineer
Line 6, inc.

kevinnemrava

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2007, 12:38:23 AM »

Don Boomer wrote on Tue, 17 July 2007 04:48

Nothing to "hear" as we don't have a demo room.  There will be an addition to the Versarray line ... hummmmm?

I think I just developed a nervous twitch.......or is it a tick ... anyway....

I will see if I can get a hold of our friend in the okanogan.

Mike Kivett

« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2007, 12:06:39 PM »

Our summer NAMM trip was just shot down last week; for a gig (of course).  

I've been discussing the Versarray with the other guys in the shop, and there are a couple of "...Peavey?..." holdouts at this point.  If there were a rig in Missouri somewhere close where we could see it (or Illinois, bordering, etc.) in action, that might help a lot.  

That gig above is one of the shows we're bringing in stacks and racks for.  Twelve 850s and 8 850SBs for a outdoor reggae show that will likely have 2-3K in attendance tops, with a chance for 5k if it sells well.  

As a point of reference, would this show still be a six-box (over subs) Versarray gig, or would this be pushing it?

Smile  

Thomas R. Pullen

« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2007, 04:25:26 PM »

Mike Kivett wrote on Tue, 17 July 2007 11:06

If there were a rig in Missouri somewhere close where we could see it (or Illinois, bordering, etc.) in action, that might help a lot.  

As a point of reference, would this show still be a six-box (over subs) Versarray gig, or would this be pushing it?

Smile  

Our engineering firm has suggested we do 16 JBL VRX boxes and adequate subbage.  I can't find a Versarray to hear anywhere....(yeah, I am in St. Louis area too).  I can't in good faith order the Peavey system sight un"heard"...
Thomas R. Pullen

Mike Kivett

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2007, 05:40:41 PM »

I understand about buying things "ear unheard".  Very Happy  It sometimes works out OK, as long as you have information you trust.  Not for an item this pricey, though.

As an aside:

How are you going to array 16 VRX tops?  Unless I misunderstand and you're ordering this many to create multiple systems.  From what I've seen, you really can't array more than four together.  

By the way, how do the JBL VRXs sound to you?

Don Boomer

« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2007, 10:28:55 PM »

Mike Kivett wrote on Tue, 17 July 2007 11:06

Smile  

Probably work fine ... but for Raggae you'll want a LOT of subs ... 4 per side or more
Don Boomer
Wireless Sales Engineer
Line 6, inc.

Thomas R. Pullen

« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2007, 11:35:55 PM »

Mike Kivett wrote on Tue, 17 July 2007 16:40

I understand about buying things "ear unheard".  Very Happy  It sometimes works out OK, as long as you have information you trust.  Not for an item this pricey, though.

As an aside:

How are you going to array 16 VRX tops?  Unless I misunderstand and you're ordering this many to create multiple systems.  From what I've seen, you really can't array more than four together.  

By the way, how do the JBL VRXs sound to you?

They are suggesting (4) 4 box hangs + VRX Sub on each hang..  L C | C R with the | being a center beam in the room.

I actually like the sound of them.  Very smooth, especially on vocals.  Thought I may be in the minority, I kinda like 12" + horn tonality.
Thomas R. Pullen

Mike Kivett

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2007, 11:14:24 AM »

"Thought I may be in the minority, I kinda like 12" + horn tonality."

I agree with that.  My own little personal rig that I take to shows that I work on the side (clubs, pet bands, etc.) uses 12"+horn tops as well.

Mike Kivett

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »

Actually, the SB850s are going to be an experiment.  

We normally use Labsubs with our own rig (6 at the moment), and for bigger shows we've used them in a center ground stack.  I've always like them fine, but when we separate them (2 or 3 per side, etc.) they can have issues like any other subs.

It's just been awhile since we did a show with anything but the Labs, so it might make for an interesting change of pace... Rolling Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.