ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey Versarray  (Read 208772 times)

drewgandy

• http://gandymethod.com
Re: Peavey Versarray
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2007, 09:58:06 PM »

Don Boomer wrote on Thu, 14 June 2007 07:33

The bottom box is about 6 feet off the deck with a 6 hang.  It's pretty much useless to have any boxes below head height.  The top goes up 13 feet ... and it always goes up the whole 13 feet.

I'll post some pix when i get to the office.

I was just looking at the photos posted to campuspa but the bottom box is certainly not 6 feet off the deck in the photos where the lift is sitting on the stage.  Am I misreading your above post?  I had the impression that the lift had to be all the way down or all the way up.  Of course it looks like its at least 13' high too.  Maybe the picture is obscured.  ?

drew

Lee Jacobson

• http://www.brevardsoundsystems.com
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2007, 10:26:04 PM »

Drew,

No, sorry. To clarify, the lift's mast has to be 13' tall, from the surface the lift is sitting on, at all times. The "carriage" rides up and down the mast. In the pics of the rig on the stage, the lifts are on the deck, which was about 4' tall. Then, the rig is up about 12' or so of the 13' the lifts have, or not quite all the way up. This puts the top of the rig at about 16' off the ground.

Lee
Lee Jacobson
Technical Director
Brevard Sound Systems
Deltona, FL
386 717 4600

drewgandy

• http://gandymethod.com
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2007, 10:42:38 PM »

Lee Jacobson wrote on Sun, 17 June 2007 21:26

Drew,

No, sorry. To clarify, the lift's mast has to be 13' tall, from the surface the lift is sitting on, at all times. The "carriage" rides up and down the mast. In the pics of the rig on the stage, the lifts are on the deck, which was about 4' tall. Then, the rig is up about 12' or so of the 13' the lifts have, or not quite all the way up. This puts the top of the rig at about 16' off the ground.

Lee

Lee, I just (probably as you were typing) read the first parts of your review and looked at the lift closer.  I can see now how that works.  So how much does the lift weigh?

drew

Michael Kurczeski

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2007, 11:23:54 PM »

hey Lee...looking at the pictures, it looks like the mobile stage is an SL100 which has points to fly the rig. you can rig the system from the ground before they raise the roof and it has a WLL of 500lbs. just curious...is there any reason you decided to raise the rig from the lifts onstage?

Lee Jacobson

• http://www.brevardsoundsystems.com
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2007, 11:32:26 PM »

Drew,

I didn't weigh the lifts, but I did LIFT them. I'd say at least 200 lbs, maybe more. Not too bad. Two of us got them onto the deck without killing ourselves.

The SL100 was set up thursday. My show was Sunday. The stage guys were not there until the end. We did talk about "next time" flying the rig off the roof.

Lee Jacobson
Technical Director
Brevard Sound Systems
Deltona, FL
386 717 4600

Mike Kivett

« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2007, 04:25:45 PM »

We're a smallish company with mostly B-C level front end stuff (PM3K, Ramsa 840, DBX comps/gates and 480; 01V96 and Mackie consoles for smaller gigs), but we currently run a proprietary JBL rig with Labsubs.  While this sounds nice by itself, we normally have to rent tops/racks and/or a newer FOH console for bigger gigs and mid-major stuff.  (They never seem to blink at the Ramsa...)

However, our bread and butter is mostly smaller gigs where rider acceptability is not as big an issue.  The 3K is normally accepted happily, for instance.  That said, we've come to the conclusion that our 4-top per side rig (think TX-4 style) is no longer adequate for our normal gigs, which would typically be 125' wide and 200-250' deep outdoors.  Think blues fests, county fairs, jazz in the park, etc., and for corporate functions/speeches/dinner parties in (up to 90'x160' or so) hotel ballrooms.

If we had this rig, we'd either ramp up or down based on coverage need.  The truck space savings would be huge for us, as we resort to a big trailer if the truck gets packed.  (We do lights, canopy and staging gigs as well, and every combo in between.)  

We'll end up keeping the JBL rig anyway since selling it won't make us rich (and it still makes money), but given the level we're at, do you think the Versarray is viable as an everyday solution for us?    

Jeff Babcock

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2007, 05:00:40 PM »

Mike,
Sounds like it's a good fit to me.  A colleague from Toronto area just purchased this rig for exactly the types of shows you describe, and for the money he paid I really doubt if he could have done better.  Cost/Performance ratio on these boxes is really impressive.
Cheers
Jeff

kevinnemrava

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2007, 12:13:43 AM »

Jeff Babcock wrote on Wed, 11 July 2007 22:00

Mike,
Sounds like it's a good fit to me.  A colleague from Toronto area just purchased this rig for exactly the types of shows you describe, and for the money he paid I really doubt if he could have done better.  Cost/Performance ratio on these boxes is really impressive.
Cheers
Jeff

Who is your buddy?

I am out in Calgary, land of the working poor, and and in almost the same situation. PM3K at FOH, DBX comps, LABSUBS! (I have 6 , 2 more to be done in side a week). do stuff like festivals ect. I have been looking really hard at this rig thinking about it. and how well it will work with 4 lab sub a side, and about 6-8 tops per side.

Kevin Nemrava
www.Hyper-cube.ca

Don Boomer

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2007, 01:12:43 PM »

Talk to Mike at Lee's Music in Kamloops BC.  I think by now he's done 100 shows with them.
Don Boomer
Wireless Sales Engineer
Line 6, inc.

Jeff Babcock

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2007, 12:03:05 PM »

See Ryan McLeod's post over in Product Reviews: Sound Reinforcement section, that's his review of the system.  He is using EAW LA400 subs, your Labs should be a nice fit with the tops too.

Cheers
Jeff
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.