ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey Versarray  (Read 208127 times)

Brandon Blakeney

Re: Peavey Versarray
« Reply #290 on: March 31, 2010, 08:50:18 PM »

Yes they Do! In fact, the people sitting on the ground got back about 10-12 feet from the subs during the show and I can't say that I blame them  Laughing We were running the Pro 9200's in stereo only delivering about 2,200 watts per VR218. The guys at Peavey told me that they often will bridge a Pro9200 per VR218. I don't know that it would make that much difference, but I can't afford to find out right now. Its safe to say that the low end on this system is very sufficient  Very Happy

John Moore

• http://www.trinityprosound.com
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2010, 12:27:57 AM »

We drove our system with PRO8200's in bridged mode and wished we had PRO9200's to run in bridged mode. The VR218 subs need that power to come alive. Try it bridged you will be amazed !!!
http://www.trinityprosound.com
DEALER:QSC,Peavey,Radial,CBI Cables,RCF,VTC,Audix, Yorkville,db Technologies,FACE Audio,ART,TASCAM, Ashly,Grundorf,Countryman,Allen&Heath,Crest Audio,Presonus,Chauvet,CAD Mics,CITCFX
209-832-8023

Tom Roche

« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2010, 01:02:27 AM »

I recently did an indoor show with my buddy's Versarray.  It probably wasn't the ideal place to use it, but we wanted to hear it in this venue running a 4-hang with four VR218s.

It seats about 350 comfortably and has enough room for at least another 100 people.  The half moon shaped stage is large and juts out from the wall, so we had to position the lifts more foward and spread farther out than desired.  The VR122s did a fine job with horizontal coverage, alleviating my concerns about adequate coverage front and center.

We averaged about 100dB using C-weighting, fast, at 60'.  It was a lot more rig than we needed given the size of the room, but boy, did it sound great.  Received lots of compliments.

Brandon Blakeney

« Reply #293 on: June 07, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »

We just did our third gig using our full Versarray Rig and couldn't be happier. We did a country talent competition with a concert by an up and coming artist in a local multipurpose center. The sound was amazing, super loud, super clear, without even really pushing it...kept in the green all show long and was still asked to turn it down!  Laughing I think this rig could easily do a +3K audience.

index.php/fa/30612/0/

Hasse Queisser

• http://www.technosound.se
Re: Bad rigging
« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »

index.php/fa/29048/0/[/quote]

The rig might have sounded good, but I wouldn't want to be under that roof, even without the PA hanging from it. Not even close to being safe.
Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.

justin sircus

« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2010, 10:56:12 AM »

Heard my first Versarray recently and was impressed. I think that despite the best efforts of the crew to sabotage the setup and the mix I could still enjoy the show because the rig was very smooth sounding. Gig was outdoors SL100 stage with the rig setup on stage wings about 4' in the air. 2 tops mounted on 1 2x18 sub, They had 2 of these setup per side about 6' apart with an ad banner seperating the 2 stacks. Not the ideal way to setup this gig to be sure but even with the poor placement it worked out pretty good and I could really enjoy the response of the rig. It seemed plenty loud enough maybe even over kill (it was a jazz show) but it's hard to tell when you aren't running the rig what it's capable of. It would have been nice to see them fly 3 or 4 tops per side and ground stack the subs but they wouldn't or couldn't do it for some reason. I really like the top end of the rig, I've never heard ribbons before and I think I really like them.

JT
Justin Sircus
Buffalo NY

Brandon Blakeney

« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2010, 08:53:22 PM »

justin sircus wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 09:56

Heard my first Versarray recently and was impressed. I think that despite the best efforts of the crew to sabotage the setup and the mix I could still enjoy the show because the rig was very smooth sounding. Gig was outdoors SL100 stage with the rig setup on stage wings about 4' in the air. 2 tops mounted on 1 2x18 sub, They had 2 of these setup per side about 6' apart with an ad banner seperating the 2 stacks. Not the ideal way to setup this gig to be sure but even with the poor placement it worked out pretty good and I could really enjoy the response of the rig. It seemed plenty loud enough maybe even over kill (it was a jazz show) but it's hard to tell when you aren't running the rig what it's capable of. It would have been nice to see them fly 3 or 4 tops per side and ground stack the subs but they wouldn't or couldn't do it for some reason. I really like the top end of the rig, I've never heard ribbons before and I think I really like them.

JT

I'm glad you liked it JT...I recently heard somebody else's V ray rig that was deployed in a similar manner. One of the biggest problems I've commonly seen is a poor top to bottom ratio (VR112's to VR218's) I recently saw a rig where they had (1) VR112 over (1)VR218 per side. You could not even tell the sub was on because it was being held back so much to stay flat with the VR112. Probably a 2:1 ration of VR112's to VR218's would be better, however you can adjust the crossover to compensate.  Smile  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.