ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anybody make this? (power strip?)  (Read 3922 times)

Chuck Safrit

• http://sites.google.com/site/mrsafrit
Does anybody make this? (power strip?)
« on: May 31, 2007, 12:24:49 AM »

After Evan's post about the powercon for his new amp racks I was wondering if anybody made something similar to a rack mount power strip. This would have edison plugs on the inside of the rack (rear mounted) and instead of a cord and edison plug coming out of it it would have a single powercon plug on the outside. I am also going to be cleaning up my 01v96 digital rack and would like to be able to have all 5 things in the rack easily plugged in. I am also wanting to soon be able to have a multipin connection on the rear as well for hooking up my snake. This would be a two cable connection and FOH is set up. Any thoughts on if somebody makes a power strip like that or parts I could get to make something myself? Thanks.
Chuck
Safrit Sound
Now located in Asheboro, NC. Freelance mixing and event planing. Convenient to Greensboro and triad area.
------
Why do they call what medical doctors do a practice?

Rob Spence

Re: Does anybody make this? (power strip?)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 12:59:36 AM »

I have made several of these. Easy.

Buy an inexpensive rack mount power strip. The ones I like have 6 outlets (3 duplex) on the inside along with the power cord and may have one or no outlets on the outside but the ones I like have a lighted power switch on the outside.

I open it up and remove the power cord. I try and remove it in such a way that I can wire to where it was connected using crimps.

I drill from 1 to 3 holes on the outside face in a place where the Powercons won't interfere with the internals. Using a 15/16" punch I open the holes up for the Powercon(s). Recently I have installed one blue (inlet) and one (or two) white (outlet)Powercons.

Wire it up and close it.

I then often take the power cord I removed and add a blue powercon at the cut end providing a cord for the rack.

When done, use a multimeter to verify no shorts and the right pins go to the right sockets.

I use crimps of the right sizes everywhere. No soldering and no wire nuts for my units.
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

Dave Barker

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 08:38:22 AM »

Chuck Safrit

• http://sites.google.com/site/mrsafrit
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:50:31 AM »

Actually that would be perfect. Now to see if it is in my price range.
Chuck
Safrit Sound
Now located in Asheboro, NC. Freelance mixing and event planing. Convenient to Greensboro and triad area.
------
Why do they call what medical doctors do a practice?

Tim Padrick

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 12:26:17 AM »

We have found the Tripps to be 100% reliable:  http://www.provantage.com/tripp-lite-rs-0615-r~7TRPM00W.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.