ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone tried new AKG perception wireless?  (Read 3981 times)

chuck clark

Anyone tried new AKG perception wireless?
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:50:09 PM »

Looking for decent performance at a value price. (The ongoing quest of thousands, eh?) anyone have experience 1st hand w/ those new AKG perceptions I'm seeing in PSSL catalogue? Thanks
Chuck
PS: Oh yeah, I should probly mention I'm looking for lavaliers to pin on singing actors/actresses!

Mike Spitzer

Re: Anyone tried new AKG perception wireless?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »

I've used them at a local church recently and was mostly impressed. I'd recommend against the included lav, though. I had a lot of trouble picking up extraneous sounds that I didn't have with the Shures or Senns. Using a different lav than the one included was much better, but they were already spoken for in the service. After trying multiple locations and every EQ trick I could think of, I could only get the noise out by making the speaker sound bad. The handheld is excellent and the headworn is really good. I would also recommend placing the receivers near the stage instead of by the mixer. We had a lot of problem with interference. It could have just been that church's location, but the Senns didn't have the same problem. Moving the receivers behind the stage cleared all of the interference.

Also, look at the WMS450, if you can. Clarity on that receiver is quite a bit better, in my opinion.

-mS

chuck clark

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 02:45:05 PM »

Thanks Mike! What model# is that shure mic you've got? (I already have some true diversity PGX units w/58 handheld transmitters) I'm guessing I would want to stick with the cardioid lav instead of the omni's, eh?
Chuck

Mike Spitzer

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »

It was a Shure 93 omni lav. The lav that came with the AKG was an omni, as well, but not as good. I'm not sure if AKG will ship their Perception systems with a cardioid lav, but if they do, I'd go with that. This was at another church, so I wasn't involved with the purchasing, but I can get more info for you, if you need.

-mS

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.