ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: EONA ADRaudio merged  (Read 86410 times)

Danny Mullins

Re: EONA ADRaudio Review #2
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »

Im in Morristown, just east of Knoxville. Thats not to bad a trip for you. Come across the mountian on 26 into Johnson City, and the hit 81 to Mo'town. Ill put together a few possible dates.

Or if you have something coming up you would like to hear them on we could work out an equitable solution.
The offer is "A penny for your thoughts", but we always give "Our two cents worth". Is someone making a profit?

Aaron McQueen

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2007, 03:42:45 PM »

Make sure you try the subs coupled.  In the coupled configuration they will easily outrun the tops.

Also the ASI23 has no processing besides the 70Hz crossover and polarity inverter for the sub.  All the other processing (eq, crossover, and limiter) is in the speakers.  The ASI23 does give you volume control and some nice lights to know when your hitting the limiters.

Danny Mullins

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2007, 11:46:20 AM »

Did a acoustic gig last night. One guitar (Takamine, though an EWI active DI) and two vocals (both on AKG 535's). Set up both U103's and one ATA118. Mixed with my other new favorite toy, my 01V96V2. Had a little less than 100 peoples in a room about 75' x 50'. The guitar sparkled. Very tight mids and crisp highs. Vocals were very clean and intelligible. I think I would have to try very hard to bring out the 'mud' in these speakers. I have not done any measurements but from what I have heard the tops really shine in the 3-4Khz and 80-150hz range. Excellent fidelity. I am looking forward to mixing a full band on these. Thanks for the tip on coupling, it was on my list of "to do" with these guys. By the way this was one of my easiest setups in a while, powered speakers and subs, 01V, mics and direct box. If I only had a nice powered monitor for the set up..... Rolling Eyes Just kidding Bennett, I know you are working on it. Im having a blast with what Ive got.
The offer is "A penny for your thoughts", but we always give "Our two cents worth". Is someone making a profit?

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
Re: EONA ADRaudio Powered Loudspeakers
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2007, 11:53:47 PM »

I got a chance to mix on an Eona rig this weekend and I liked it quite a bit! I was mixing sidestage monitors for an outdoor festival and Bennett was kind enough to supply 4 of the 12" Eona wedges for the front 4 mixes, the single 18" sub for drum fill, and 2 of the u103's, one for drum fill top and one for cue. Board was a DDA CS8 and the only outboard processing was my DBX1231's and a Driverack 240 for the drumfill. We went ahead and set up mics prior to the bands arriving (Audix mics all around) and rang the wedges out. We assumed worst case scenario with EQ cuts and wanted to be sure we had plenty of gain before feedback. There was a good bit of cut going on up in the 4-6.3k region on the graphics and a few others here and there but we managed to get good levels for even the loudest of bands.

I ran pretty full mixes on each of the wedges and alot of everything through the drum fill and the wedges were barely breaking a sweat. Lots of compliments from the musicians about how well they could hear on stage. The drum fill was slamming so hard that the top box almost shook off the top! I had to strap it down. The power and quality of the wedges made it easy for a rookie Monitor engineer to get things pretty solid on stage.

I especially liked the 12" wedge and the single 18" sub. They are both incredibly light for their size and very powerful. Now where can I get some free samples Very Happy
-Tom
Electro Sound Systems

Phil LaDue

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2007, 12:00:24 AM »

Tom Manchester wrote on Sun, 29 April 2007 23:53

Now where can I get some free samples Very Happy

My question exactly, scratch and dent works too!!

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2007, 05:18:22 AM »

# Tom

I just saw the pics and noticed two specifics of the show: First it obviously rained a lot...I hope public didn't mind too much...and the second, rarity, as far as I could tell : all female security personnel...kinda cool and new if you ask me

index.php/fa/9019/0/

# Phil & Tom

We are trying our brains out to make gear scratch and dent resistant
 Wink
B4K is the man to talk to
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

'There's no replacement for displacement' Carroll Shelby (Jim Bowersox, Tim McCulloch)
'Put speakers up in the air, where they belong' Bill Hanley

Danny Mullins

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2007, 12:05:01 PM »

I came home Wednesday evening to find the UPS guy had left me two large packages. My monitors had arrived just in time for a Thursday night gig I had. I was providing PA for a Fund raising banquet for the local FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). Venue was the gym at our local community college, and would be covering about 250 - 300 peoples. Set up the 2 U103 mains on stick to each side and one ATA118 sub center stage, then put out the two M1225 monitors at each corner of the stage for the band. The band consisted of two vocalist, two acoustic guitars, bass, & Djembe (spelling?), so I didn't have to push the monitors very hard as this was a very laid back gig.

index.php/fa/9153/0/

The band immediately commented on the clarity of the monitors. I really liked the combination power/signal cables Bennett sent with the monitors. this is the first time I have had much experience with the powercon connections and have found them awesome. This was a talented bunch of teenagers with really great attitude. That in combination with the ADRaudio rig made this gig a lot of fun to do. I ran my drive rack with the rig this trip out and used ASI 23 as a master volume for the individual sends.

Danny Mullins

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2007, 12:09:37 PM »

More pics as I have not figured out how to put more than one per message.

index.php/fa/9154/0/

Danny Mullins

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2007, 12:10:15 PM »

index.php/fa/9155/0/

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2007, 08:48:29 AM »

Looks like white wine in that glass... very white.  Very Happy

I'd be racking up that Bennie for the next few weeks if I were you. What's the black panel below the thingie below your dbx? Is there room down there? If not, you could leave the Furman at home and replace it with a power strip tucked in the back of the rack. Put the Bennie where the Furman was.

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.