ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video mixing software  (Read 1875 times)

Joel Lefort

Video mixing software
« on: May 07, 2007, 07:35:31 pm »

What kind of video mixing software do you guys use. I've been looking at Union from livid, but it looks more like a VJ program than Pro.

Karl P(eterson)

Re: Video mixing software
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 02:35:51 am »

As a simple rule of thumb, I don't believe any of us use software for anything resembling pro video mixing. Tell us what you want to do, and what you are doing it for and we may be able to give you some better feedback.

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

Joel Lefort

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:49:34 pm »

Well I need to play back various video files on a rear projection screen. For our main show we use multiple laptops for playback but I was looking at something simpler for our smaller gala shows. Also, just for the record what do you guys use for video playback?

Mike E. Brown

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:26:32 pm »

For file playback and live recording/switching we are using the Newtek Tricaster Pro.  It is an all-in-one box.  Depending on your needs, you might be able to get by with their basic.  Check it out at newtek.com

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 11:49:36 am »

I am sorry, i was under the impression that you wanted video mixing, scaling, and switching. IE what would be provided by something like Analog way *iX line or barco encore type gear. This gear doesn't play anything back, it just mixes, switches, overlays and scales.

If all you are doing is playing video back, then depending on what you are doing (do you need to be able to layer or edit video in the field?) There is a few ways I would go. For playback only, I love ProVideoPlayer by renewed vision. If you need the ability for live clip manipulation and overlay, I would use either a hippotizer or catalyst depending on needs and availability.

For the recorder we use analog way centrix boxes with hardware controllers, pro video player, pro presenter and an edirol dv7 for the majority of our playback and overlays. Then there are of course the obligatory transport decks and cameras.

Karl P

edit: fix teh spell
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.