ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cleaning strand reflectors  (Read 985 times)

Brian Lloyd

cleaning strand reflectors
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:05:22 am »

I'm a sound guy so please stay with me. we have several old strand 10x23's that need some love. the reflectors have built up a film/ cloudyness to them. any ideas that might help bring these back to life? thanks in advance.
Trash-Ball-Change
Automagically
Reality.exe corrupt. Reboot Universe?  (Y/N)

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
Re: cleaning strand reflectors
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 06:19:27 pm »

ETC says it better than I can - works on any conventional instrument (I know the cleaner and paper towel admonitions to be true from personal experience. Embarassed )

ETC offers the following recommendations when cleaning and inspecting lenses and reflectors:

Do not use glass and window cleaners on the reflector. Chemicals in these cleaners will harm the reflective coating.

Do not use paper towels or harsh materials to wipe the reflector. These materials can scratch the surface of the reflector.

1. Remove the lens so you can access the reflector from the front of the fixture.

2. Remove dust with a blast of oil free air, or wipe with a clean, soft, lint-free cotton cloth. If this is sufficient to remove dust, go to step 5. Otherwise, continue to step 3.

3. Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cotton cloth with a mild, soapy water solution and gently wipe the reflector.

4. Remove any soapy water residue with a clean, soft, lint-free cotton cloth dampened with water.

And of Course - Safety - Unplug before doing  Mad

5. Reinstall a lens before using the fixture.
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 18 queries.