ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bag End?  (Read 2201 times)

guy poindexter

Bag End?
« on: April 17, 2007, 10:10:12 PM »

I've been searching and cannot find much on the Bag End speakers. On paper they look good, but I have not been able to listen to them. Would be for an install in a live C/W music nightclub. Does not have to be rider friendly. I want clean sound not chest pumping bass & loud noise that you cannot understand. Any comments good or bad on them? Thanks in advance.

Bob Leonard

Re: Bag End?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 10:27:52 PM »

Over the years I have used a number of Bag End speakers and have found them all to be well made, very musical and crystal clear sound reproduction. The time alignment does make a difference. I am also currently running Bag End subs under JBL SRX725 tops. Great match and chest thumping bass. I think you'll find that the selection is limited and power handling low by todays standards as advertized, but they are very under rated on paper. They are also very expensive. The TA15s I was using for FOH and now use for side fills cost $1300 ea. new 10 years ago. There are many other speakers you could look at and consider today, but if Bag End is your choice, and they'll do the job you'll be satisfied. In the end I don't regret buying them and like I said, I still have a use for them. Smile
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Eric Thorsen

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 11:05:38 PM »

I have some experience with their quartz-r 4x18 sub, I liked the sound a lot.  To me they don't have the same heavy metal kind of punch of other subs, but for you application that is not an issue.  Overall I was impressed and was not put off in any way by them.

guy poindexter

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 09:32:06 AM »

Thanks for the input, everything is being considered (cost/clearity) for my final decision.

TonyPybus

• http://www.tonypybus.com
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 09:01:34 PM »

I own some Bagend TA15 wedges. When I use passive wedges it's what I take. No complaints here.

Duane Massey

• http://www.ozknozz.com
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »

Guy, what size venue? What other speakers have you considered?

Bag End is a decent product, but I've not really been impressed with their usefulness in live applications, considering the cost.

Duane Massey
Houston, Texas, USA

guy poindexter

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 11:20:07 PM »

Am looking at several venues, all around 20k sf in area. Will be part dance area and pool tables/mechanical bull/calf roping machine and such in the back of building. Have looked at ISP, EAW, JBL & Yorkville. Just saw some Bag End on EBay for a great price. Until I get a final building design I'm just considering all my options. Thanks, Guy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.