ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: What are your wheels?  (Read 39090 times)

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
Re: What are your wheels?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 09:44:25 PM »

99 Ford E150. 4.6L V6. It has a good amount of get up and go, and gets decent gas mileage.

And yes, I drive it daily.  Cool

Though, I do get to drive my dad's Scion XB from time to time.

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Ryan Peacher

• http://www.ryanpeacher.me
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2007, 10:08:51 PM »

MOPAR!!!

1973 Plymouth Duster

318 SB - edelbrock intake - holley carb - ??? headers (Forgot still in box)

4 speed manual tranny

still in primer, gonna be orange w/ rallye wheels!!!

can't wait! Very Happy

(Picture is from the day after i got it) ONLY 74K miles
Ryan Peacher | Freelance Audio Technician| Show-Pro & Touring Student-Full Sail University
T- 540.419.1945 | E- soundsmith89@me.com | W- http://www.ryanpeacher.me

Bob Leonard

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2007, 10:15:36 PM »

Ryan Peacher wrote on Sun, 15 April 2007 22:08

MOPAR!!!

1973 Plymouth Duster

318 SB - edelbrock intake - holley carb - ??? headers (Forgot still in box)

4 speed manual tranny

still in primer, gonna be orange w/ rallye wheels!!!

can't wait! Very Happy

(Picture is from the day after i got it) ONLY 74K miles

Just like the Duster my wife owned when we got married in 74.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Bob Leonard

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 10:19:17 PM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Sun, 15 April 2007 19:47

I actually like the look of the newer mustang sheet metal and if Caroll Shelby actually laid on hands, the new shelby mustang might actually handle. I know he did wonders for the handling of the old mustangs wearing his badge.

As I get a little older, I am losing my tolerance for the mustang finish work. Mainly a kids car so cheap interior, lousy road noise, etc. More than that, having stuck one car into a guard rail while "almost" back under control after hydroplaning, I am very interested in taking advantage of latest counter measures. I feel like I did all that was humanly possible in my failure to alter the ballistic trajectory fast enough, but if I could have applied just one or maybe even both rear wheel brakes only allowing me to brake steer, that ride might still be in my driveway....  RIP.  I recall the old auto-cross trick with the FWD mini's where you'd use the parking brake to lock up the rears and swing the tail around curves quicker.

I've already gone through my mid life crisis, second childhood and am well into my second adolescence. It's academic at this point since my capital is tied up in junk like circuit boards, and extrusions, but maybe in a few years... Confused Until then I'll just put-put around in my '97 cobrastang

JR

Oh yes great one, but Carrol Shelby's shop does lay hands on. Go to ford.com and read the story. I also agree with the crisis bit. Been through them all and gonna go through some of them again. As long as there's money left for some Gibson custom shop guitars and a few more JBLs I'm OK. Smile
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Lee Patzius

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2007, 11:24:50 PM »

2005 Ford Mustang 6 cyl (Wife)
2003 Ford F250 4 door 6.0 Diesel (Mine)
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 40 yr edition (18 yr old kid)
1992 Jaguar XJ40 (Family car)
1987 Ford Mustang SVT (16 yr old kid)

The '87 Mustang is a project car that runs. (Lucky me  Confused )  It was a 4 cyl turbo charged NOX racer when I bought it. It's an SVT, with 8 cyl components, born as a 4 cylinder on title, with a body style like that of a convertible, but it's not a convertible, nor is it a hatchback.

What is it? I don't know! A Fox body? I just don't see these things anywhere.

Now it has a brand new clutch, new brake rotors, new steering rack, new rag joint, new muffler, new driver seat, new dash (to be installed), new emissions controls (state inspected), new ignition, with a newer rebuilt 2.3 installed (NOX controls and turbo charger removed), and a 4.6 V8 about ready to go in (it's free).

It's got racing components and upgrades throughout, and I had to replace a bunch of it to license it and make it street legal.

People come out of the wood work asking about this car. And I just don't know enough about it. But my 16 yr old knows.

My GPS already caught him doing 122 MPH in my wife's '05 Mustang. It keeps track of totals including max speed.

BUSTED! Yes, he's grounded from driving anything for a while. I've already had to take his keys on a few other occasions as well.

Lee Patzius

Dave Dermont

• http://www.geocities.com/livesound101/
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2007, 11:27:31 PM »

This is my favorite car story.

In 1985 I bought an '80 Mustang. A hatchback with a 3.3 liter six cylinder. I paid the hefty sum of $2000.00 for it.

On my birthday in 1994, a Sentra traveling in the opposite direction I was going spun out in a snowstorm and hit me square in the driver's door.

I got $900.00 insurance money, and sold the car to a friend of mine for $200.00.

That's a net of $900.00 for a car I drove for nine years. Absolutely the best $100.00-a-year car I ever owned.
Dave Dermont - Chief Lizard, LAB Lounge

WARNING: Dates In Calendar May Be Closer Than They Appear

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2007, 11:38:08 PM »

Scott Waldy wrote on Sun, 15 April 2007 12:11

A car/van that I can proudly display the name of my company on.  It must show style, versatility and reliability. All the things that my company represents.  Smile  

Oh yeah, the sign that says, "Expensive audio gear inside.  Steal Me!"

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Andy Peters

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2007, 11:39:02 PM »

Bennett Prescott wrote on Sun, 15 April 2007 15:55

My previous car was a Saab 9000 CSE, which is also Scandanavian, and I loved. Unfortunately, it didn't love me. Let's just not talk about it.

So you have some Saab stories you can tell ...

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

Andy Peters

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2007, 11:59:02 PM »

Eric Wong! wrote on Sun, 15 April 2007 18:35

Good lord, all these mustang owners in here  Twisted Evil  

My name is Andy, and I am an ex-Mustang owner.  Here is my tale of woe.

I bought an '88 GT near the end of my senior year of college (had the job offer so all was good).

Fucking thing developed an exciting problem: it would die for no apparent reason.  I'd be driving along and the engine would just stop.  The dealer and a couple of other mechanics (including my dad) couldn't figure out what was wrong.  Fuel filter?  $500 to drop the fuel tank and install a new one ... and maybe that won't solve the problem.  New ignition module?  $500 to install a new one ... and maybe that won't solve the problem.  Vacuum line collapsing?  Some kinda wiring problem killing the spark?  Who knows?

One time it failed as I was driving from Hoboken to Rome NY to see the at-the-time girlfriend.  Needless to say I got there hours late (no cell phones then either).

The final straw was when it died as I was sitting in Lincoln Tunnel traffic on the NYC side heading back to Jersey.  Luckily it died before I got into the tunnel; otherwise, I wouldn't be here to tell the tale.

The next week, it got sold and I got a Saturn SC2, which was a better car in every way except for grunt.

Found On Road, Dead indeed.  I haven't looked at any Ford product since.

Fast forward several years: Ford recalls all cars with the 5.0L motor from years ranging from like 1984 to 1993 (or thereabouts).  Why?  The ignition module mount was insufficiently heatsinked and would overheat like a Mackie SRM450 used as a monitor wedge.

-a

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2007, 12:02:24 AM »

I replaced the transmission in that car as many times as I replaced the oil... 3. Good thing I wasn't driving a lot that year.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.