ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey VSX 26 vs. Behringer DCX2496 vs. DR260  (Read 40789 times)

Robert Fielder

• http://www.coolcountrynights.com
Re: Peavey VSX 26 vs. Behringer DCX2496 vs. DR260
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2007, 05:42:08 PM »

Christopher Simons wrote on Wed, 02 May 2007 16:02

sorry if this is a stupid question, but i only saw the Peavey VSX 48 mentioned once in this thread..  is there a reason that you're not considering this DSP??

If that is aimed at me - I can only consider the equipment I can get my hands on. So far, I have never seen a Peavey VSX in any store.

The one Driverack 260 that is around here can't be rented. I would consider it only because I have used the DRPA, and have some idea what dBx is like.

Also - my memory may be incorrect on this - but does the Peavey VSX line have much in the way of delay? I am running a satelite speaker up to 50' away at times, and need far more delay than the DRPA or (from what I have read in the specs) the VSX 2x series offer. The DCX2496 offers a lot of delay on each output, and I believe the 260 does as well.

Finally, the Peavey PC interface is MIA. That is almost a show stopper for me. If Behringer can offer one, I have trouble understanding why companies like Peavey do not.
Robert Fielder
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
http://www.coolcountrynights.com

Rob Spence

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2007, 12:12:29 PM »

About the VSX48, they don't really exist yet...

I am told maybe this month but with a lesser feature set than was advertised. I had one on order for a while with no date for delivery so cancelled it.
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

Steve Hurt

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2007, 12:26:53 PM »

Don't know about the others, but the Driverack 260 (that I got from Rob - thanks!) is a very nice piece of kit!  

My only real complaint right now is I wish the power switch was on the front panel.

When the Peavey 4 x 8 becomes available, I'm going to take a hard look at it for monitor duty.  Looking for something with 4 channels and cannot see affording a 480 or 4800 for monitors.

Rob Spence

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2007, 08:59:26 PM »

Right now I plan to get a Sabine 3x6 since the VSX48 isn't available for now. I agree with Steve that it may do good duty in the monitor rack later on though. I only run my wedges in passive now since they do fine that way.

Steve, you will be happy the switch is on the back when some twit starts playing with the front of the amp rack Smile
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

Josh Billings

• http://www.mindboxmedia.com/soundsystem
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2007, 10:34:05 PM »

I got a DCX2496 the other day and i plan on trying it out tuesday. I think it was a no brainer switch from DRPA

Probably gonna buy that drawmer volume leveling thing

-Josh Billings

Anton Stjernbrant

• http://www.star-audio.se
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2007, 02:54:13 AM »

For your information, I didn't find the DCX2496(which I won't be using anymore) quiet at all. there's an annoying noise with the amps wide open, turning them down 7dB and raising the limiter thresholds accordingly solved the problem though.
"There is another benefit to living in Sverige other than the women who look good enough to cause cardiac arrest. Lab Gruppens for cheap. It's almost enough to offset the endless winters and suicidal tax rates." / Mike B

Matt Harris

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2007, 08:08:03 AM »

i have a VSX 48 on the way. Talk to Caleb...

Jens Droessler

« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2007, 11:12:50 AM »

It depends of course on your amps gain and what you're driving with the amp. If you got a 38dB gain amp and driving HF horns, you WILL hear noise, that's out of question. With 32dB gain or less and standard passive crossovered direct radiating boxes you won't hear annoying noise (usually).
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2007, 03:27:03 PM »

Did you get your VSX 48? - Dealers keep telling me - "discontinued" - and that it will not be produced - although Peavey says something different.

I need 4 bi-amap monitor mixes and need to go DSP in place of the traditional X-overs I have.
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.

Donnie Evans

« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2007, 03:53:45 PM »

Does anybody have any experience with the Behringer DEQ 2496?  Is it comparable to these?  I know it doesn't offer a crossover or multi-outs like a "speaker management" processor, but are they decent?
Shump In Da Tub!  www.ogeecheeriverband.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.