ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profile Scan/ Eliminator Scanner thoughts?  (Read 1470 times)

Chris Anderson

Profile Scan/ Eliminator Scanner thoughts?
« on: April 04, 2007, 08:57:18 AM »

Has anyone ever used these or seen them?  Are these like another brand and they just put there name on them?   It looks just like the Eliminator Instigator.  Trying to find something else to go with since the Performance Scan's are gone, not sure what else in out there in the sub $400 price range with rotating gobo's.  I've never heard anything about either of these and wonder if there any good.

http://www.centerstagelighting.com/cgi-bin/online/webapi.cgi ?sc=010&pid=profilescan20&lg=&mt=1

http://www.eliminatorlighting.com/product.asp?ProductIDNumbe r=87&cat=Scanner+and+Color+Changers

Thanks!

Chris

Duane Massey

• http://www.ozknozz.com
Re: Profile Scan/ Eliminator Scanner thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 05:06:37 PM »

Chris, these are both "no-name" imports that are basically the same, but should not be compared to the Performance Scan.
They have no shutter, no rotating gobos, and have a plastic shell.

The Centerstage unit is really inexpensive, so it might be worth a try, since even the Deluxe Scans are backordered. I'm hoping to get a look at the Dynasty Scan DMX from ADJ when they start shipping, with the idea that it would be useable in small rooms.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas, USA

Chris Anderson

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 07:53:27 PM »

Huh, yeah I thought they had rotating gobo's. I guess the individual wheel in the specs threw me off that that meant they had rotation.  That's why I orginally chose they Performance over the Deluxe.  I don't know what else to get at this point.  Having 1 Performance Scan is not gonna do the job I wanted at least 2 to start and I want 2 that match.  I guess hold out for something to pop up on eBay.

Is there anything else out there with rotation under $400?

Justin Rygel

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 08:04:26 PM »

There's someone selling Performance Scan 250s on Yahoo! Auctions for $325.  There's also someone selling them on eBay for $400.
Justin Rygel
Federal Way, WA

Chris Anderson

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 08:24:55 PM »

Thanks, yeah I'm waiting to confirm the Yahoo one is new, the eBay guy doesn't have any, even thought it says there are 10 units available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.