ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sequential power switchers  (Read 1817 times)

James Lawford

Sequential power switchers
« on: March 30, 2007, 03:54:44 PM »

Hi All,

I look after a church client, advising them in terms of sound equipment and potential upgrades to their main system. As stage one of an upgrade they've asked me to advise on new amps for their current system (amps fit to opwer a new speaker system in the future). They also have a requirement to sort out the power distribution and turn on procedures. They would like to have a 'one switch' solution for turning on the whole auditoriums sound system.

There will be MON land, FOH booth, stage sockets for backline, FOH amp rack. The main amp rack will be (I think!) 2 x Lab Gruppen FP6000Q plus Soundweb and 3 x Meyer controllers. FOH is desk and minimal outboard, MON land is desk, 12 radios, 4 in ears plus two more quad amps (haven't decided yet).

What options have worked for people to handle autoswitching of power on/power off? How do you get all the amps protected with individual circuit breakers without having to have loads of slave switchers? So far, I've looked at EMO switchers and also some stuff from Furman.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

James Lawford
(Various...)
James Lawford -Birmingham England

Brad Weber

Re: Sequential power switchers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 05:56:38 PM »

I'm not sure about UK products, but Lowell and Lyntec offer panelboard sequencing systems.  They take a little familiarization to understand fully as they are rather complex and offer a great deal of flexibility, but they can support large, complex systems.

I'm not sure about the backline outlets, I haven't usually seen those considered part of the sound system power as far as switching and sequencing, but the systems noted above could let them be part of the sound system power switching or a separate switch.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

Re: Sequential power switchers
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 12:18:38 AM »

leviton has all sorts of sequential and controllable panel switch solutions.. they use em out at the theme parks and are reasonably priced.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.